iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mud Hole

Started by chance33, November 14, 2013, 10:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chance33

My first year with my Turner mill hasn't been too rewarding. Has been a real mud hole except for July here in NW Pa. Just saw the rain fall update and as of today it is 29% above average at 46.75" and suspose to rain for the next 3 days. Now I'm getting ready for 140" of snow. But as a retired farmer I can always look to next year!!
Mahindra 4025 4wd, FEL, Farm351P, Turner portable mill w/ 25 hp Honda, Wood Beaver 16 Processor.

Magicman

You will be OK.  Rewards come in many different forms.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

My mill lot was getting bad also, just hauled in 60 yards of gravel which should help.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

chevytaHOE5674

Just think it could always be worse. Could be UP here and get 300"+ of snow each year. hahaha

GDinMaine

I feel your pain. One day this Spring I could barely drive my truck out of my backyard in 4x4.  I had to move the mill with the tractor. 

When things dried up, it took me four days with the tractor to reshape the area where I keep the mill. Moved a lot of dirt and spread about 70 yards of gravel. Now it is almost done.  Another truckload of gravel will go in next Summer to take care of the low spots.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

thecfarm

Was a wet year too. One year we had a drizzle just about every day. But this summer we would get 2 inches of rain one day,2-3 days later another 2 than 3-4 days later 3 inches. And repeat just about all summer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wormy

It's raining here now. Maybe some of those big trees will uproot with all the wet ground.

Magicman

Good thing that I sawed yesterday.  I talked with the customer a few minutes ago.  He said that after today's rain, we would not be able to get in there until next August.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

Rain is getting pretty regular here also. My woodlot and mill area has a gradual grade to it but several days in row of rain and running equipment around mill area it gets soupy.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!