iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peace and quiet ...

Started by isawlogs, September 04, 2009, 10:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Is what I was feeling day before yesrterday, after having finished the final cutting of feed for the horses for this coming winter .

Then yesterday evening , I thought it would be a good time to put Mousse into her new to her harness and put her onto the wagon and go for a ride. The road/trail goes along the Missiquoi river for about a little less then a mile , now this is where the peace and quiet came into effect ...   smiley_peace

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

Marcel, that sure does look peaceful.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Paul_H

Pretty country.What is the mountain range in the background of the 1st pic?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

isawlogs

Tail end of the Apalache (thats in Kewbecaneese )  The ski hill Mont Sutton is to the right  , they only look big but someone (not me of course ) could walk up those inless then a day .. I would drive up .  ;D Paul if you google/yahoo Mont Sutton you will have an idea of the size . For me its just a pretty mountain to look at , at breakfast time .  ( I dont ski ) no more ....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Yup, I will agree that's a nice part of the country. September is also a nice time to travel and see such places as I've done a few times in the past. Still a warm time of the year and no flies. I am starting to see a few maples around here beginning to turn color. It's been a nice dry stretch all August and still continuing into the end of next week.  8) I fellow needs to enjoy the solitudes in life as much as he can.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Black_Bear

Marcel, mon frere, you should snap some pictures of Jay Peak from your perspective and post them. And that mighty Missisquoi River is a winding SOB, can't decide if it wants to flow in Quebec or VT.

Mont Sutton is essentially the very north end of the Green Mountain Range (part of the NE Appalachians), which runs the length of VT and pokes into Quebec. Not to far north of Marcel's beautiful homestead the land turns to plains. The ride to Montreal sure does become flat.

I bet we don't live more than 30 miles from each other. I own land in Jay and love to hunt the old Space Research area. The only thing that separates Highwater and Space Research is that pesky invisible border that we can't cross unless we talk to the border guards. Ridiculous! I always thought VT and Quebec should be become one nation.   

WildDog

That sure is a nice place you have there Marcel. How many bales of hay do you need to get through winter?

The last of my stock horses is now sold, just waiting on the buyer to pick her up, all my mustering is done on quad bikes now for speed but its not the same as peacefully pocking along on a horse.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

isawlogs

I don't need much hay wise , as I only have three horses here and Renée got herself some miniature goats this summer I only will do 500 to 600 hundred small square bales and it will put me through winter .
  Black-bear ... I border the old Space Research , how much did Dr Bull have as far as acreage on your side .. ??? He had 2500 on this side and all of that was bought by one guy , very nice chunk of land  :) 
To take a pic of Jay Peak I need go to Mansonville part of those Green Mountains Range are in the way of the picture taker  :D If you ever cross the border over in Highwater , turn left ( go straight  ::) ) at the train tracks , dont cross them , you are from that point only five minutes if you take your time to get here .  8)  A neighbour ....  :D
That river is a little on the winding side , from here to the villagr ( Mansonville ) it takes 10 minutes to get there by car and you are basicaly following the river there , from there to get here by canöe/kayak it takes 4 hours ..... So ya , a little winding is done ,  ;D

I will be taking that horse out again this morning it is a beautiful day in the making , sun is out not a cloud in the sky   8) 8)
  I will take some pics of Jay Peak from this side in the near futur , I may even have one or two already hiding some wheres .  ;) 

Marcel

vt k-9

Marcel,
  I dont live too far from you.
we used to go up to Bulls to check things out. We could hear them testing those big guns back when I was on the farm. Some story about Bull. And right in our back yard. Looks like you have a great place.                                                                                               
              Will

isawlogs

Was a little disturbed some this morning ,  darn horses went and broke the fence and wondered out to the pasture on there own .. They are supose to wait for me to do that , and  not break my fence . Sheesh Ya forget one night to put the elactriciticy on and they just walk right through it .  ::) 
They are safely in the barn tonight , testing the new hay for this winter. I was not able to get the fence all mended up for the evening , so inside they stay . 

Marcel

Magicman

Beautiful country.  Yes, animals just know..... ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Banjo picker

A person needs a little peace and quiet ever now an then.   My wife has got hornswaggled into a baby shower one weekend in Oct.  and i think i may pull the horsetrailer off that weekend by myself and see if i can find any. ;)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

isawlogs

Tomorow I got a half dozen or so manure loads to take out to the fields and then the horse gets hitched up for a couple of hours of riding  pullin' me around .  :)

Marcel

SwampDonkey

There's a lad who owns a couple horses, on my way to one of our work areas, and he's out when the rooster crows with a horse and a wagon of sorts. Has a trail around a field.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

This was taken over the weekend by Andrea , my favorite daughter  ;D

Marcel

crtreedude

Such beautiful pictures, isn't it nice to just slow down and enjoy things a bit?
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Banjo picker

Looks like I am starting to see some color on them trees. 8)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

pigman

In that last picture look at that big halo over Marcel's head. :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

OneWithWood

Naw, halos set around yer head.

I think that is one of those thought bubbles - in this case tinged in red and censored  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Raider Bill

Quote from: isawlogs on September 23, 2009, 08:51:48 PM

This was taken over the weekend by Andrea , my favorite daughter  ;D

How many daughters do you have?
I too have a faviorte, but then I only have one.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 24, 2009, 10:13:47 AM
How many daughters do you have?
I too have a faviorte, but then I only have one.

One    ;D 

Marcel

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!