iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beer Adventures

Started by Ianab, July 11, 2022, 05:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

@Crossroads congratulations on your success.  I am jumping in cause I worry that what Ian was saying may have not be what you thought.  My apologies if I am wrong.  I think he just meant it is like a family restaurant with a variety of craft beers, not that your input was not part of the conversation.  Just like tools, we talk about safety.  In the old days drinking may have been synonymous with drinking too much.  I think he is pinting (ha ha pointing out) he can take his family to the establishment and he walks home so there is no doubt about his ability to drive a car.  It just so happens I went to one of our local micro brews in our area and took my daughter,  she looks 16 but is 24.  I assured the barkeep of her age and was told kids are allowed as they are licensed as a restaurant.  We are planning benches, charcuterie boards and coasters to make for the Sand Hill Brewery.

Monique does not drink (root beer), and I had a Nova Scotia IPA.
Our collaborative respect for you and your accomplishments regarding this issue.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ianab

Like Doc says, craft beer and breweries aren't about getting excessively drunk. If you want to do that, just buy cheap booze and go for it.  Forgotten 43 is a brewpub just up the road from us, we can walk up there on a nice evening, with the kids. and order pizza and burgers. with a couple of beers. No questions about being 0.1 over the driving limit. Hopefully they make it long term, as it's a good thing community wise. 

Tonight I've got "Evolution" from Tuatara 

Tasty hazy IPA. but it got the Lil seal of approval, as she kept the sample glass, 6.6 % and heavy on the tropical hops. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

At Forgotten 43 a couple of weeks back for my Birthday. Like mentioned, licenced as a restaurant, so kids are OK. We got pizzas, a seafood platter, and a couple of beers. All very family friendly. 

Tonight...

"This is the Way..."

Mandarin infused Hazy IPA. Mandar-Lorian (to avoid possible copyright crap :D ) Actually quite nice. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

Hey, It's December, advent calendar time  8)

Hokey Pokey is what you would call "Honeycomb Toffee", and also an old time Dance. So  Atoffe flavoured Stout. Nice enough, but not on Lil's list to sample. 

Stephen1

I need one of those advent Calendars! I like that .
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Ianab

Last couple of days.

"Got Any CO2 Bro?" is a protest about the CO2 shortage the breweries were dealing with. Ironic when everyone is trying to cut down on CO2, and brewing beer actually Makes CO2. But they need bottled "food grade" CO2 to do the final carbonation. And the 2 main CO2 producers had shut down for maintenance.  The Big breweries have CO2 capture plants so they can reuse the CO2 they produce, but its expensive kit for a smaller brewery.

Beer isn't the same if you skimp on the CO2

And a Hopnik is a play on an old local song about Beatniks. 
The Clean - Beatnik - YouTube

I think I have missed "Hopy Hopy Hippos". but it's was hopy.  :D

gspren

I don't have a very sophisticated taste for beers so today at the VFW they had Yingling Flight on draft as a special so I tried it, twice, good enough for me.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

doc henderson

had it from the can and very good beer on tap.  had it at the Elks lodge in Pratt Ks.  KU vs K-state game.  got too loud so we had to leave.  KSU won. >:(
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Raider Bill

I had some Yuengling [had to look up spelling]  ale over thanksgiving. Not bad said the IPA only drinker.
Few years ago they had a IPA at their normal prices that I thought was very good but haven't seen it since.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

firefighter ontheside

One of the joys of my trip to Croatia this summer was trying all the beers.  I really liked the artwork on the cans and the bottles.  Most of the beers were light, lager type beers.  I even had one from Slovenia when we went into that country for the day.  Here are pics of two of my favorites.  This might not be a complete list, but its most of the beers I tried; Istarsko, Union(Slovenia), Niksicko, Velebitsko, Vukovarsko, Karlovacko, Daruvarsko, Ozujsko.  My family came from near a city called Karlovac, so I was excited to try the beer made near there called Karlovacko.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Ianab

Thought I'd been keeping up with the Advent calendar, but I mad missed a day.  ::)

So to catch up....  Some hoppy goodness

A "Snow Mexican" is from Canada? So a Maple Syrup Imperial Stout. Another 8% brew, but very smooth, slightly sweet. The maple I guess?

I'm doing mail and courier again tomorrow, so that's probably plenty. Although I did get some Christmas Reinbeers dropped off.  :D

sawguy21

I like Corona with a wedge of lime on a hot summer day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Stephen1

I picked up a new 30 later keg of stout from a local Brewery. The price has gone up again, more tax from our government.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Ianab

This is one of those "One is enough" brews. At a certain level it technically becomes "Barley Wine". Plenty of flavour as they have use a LOT of malt to get the alcohol level up to 12%, but it's still nicely balanced. It also comes in a 500ml bottle. It's not cheap, but as you only need one at a time, it's quite economical. 

Any reference to the Tenacious D song is just a Tribute.  ffcheesy

NewYankeeSawmill

Went back up north to NY for a family gathering last month... local distiller got me for 3 packs of Molson and 1 Labatt Blue. I'd have brought more but the wife was watching! Can't get that good stuff down here. Though I will admit, the folks at Yee Haw, and Sweetwater Brewing got their stuff together. Just hate paying 2+ bucks for a beer! Those 30-packs were $24.99 plus tax and deposit. God Bless Canada!
Norwood LUMBERPRO HD36V2

Thank You Sponsors!