iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who has the ARK now?

Started by ARKANSAWYER, April 24, 2004, 11:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

I do not know about Bro Noble but I need the ARK.  My logs are about to float off my ridge.  We have had over 10 inches of rain since last Thursday and it is still raining.  The pond in the front yard has come up 15 feet.  JeffB was a wondering why the water was so low behind the dam.  It's not now.  If this mess is headed east they are in for a wet spell.
  This is the Buffalo river and it is 20 ft above normal and higher today.  It went over this bridge in "83".  I am going down this evening and get a photo of it at about 32 ft.

ARKANSAWYER

KILROY

ARKANSAWYER,

That's what my basement looks like after all this rain.

I have got to get this pump running, or this house will become an ark.

J_T

Kilroy mine is comming from the other way I need Dr Roof ;D
Jim Holloway

etat

Passing along a word of advice about rain. Don't run in it!   Here awhile back those guys on mythbusters proved that you get wetter 'running in the rain', that you do 'walking in the rain'.   8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Bro. Noble

We have a lake in front of our house that didn't use to be there. :-/   Gonna have a lot of fences to build and drifts to clean up along Bryant river and Brush creek :'(  I don't guess I'll ever get caught up.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Larry

April showers bring May flowers. ;D

Don't have an ark but if you see a yellow kayak flashing by next week on one of those rivers' wave as it will be me.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

etat

However MY philosophy has always been that if you are at point A, in the dry, and you want to get to point B, in the dry, and it is pouring down rain between the two points.  Well I usually like to move fast.  I may get wetter, but I just figure I can also dry off faster! 8) 8)

!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Percy

OK guys(Noah wannabe's) two of every animal, one male, one female. Who ever has the best eyesight can do the moskeeters ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bibbyman

I hope the water will have ran down by the end of next week. Mary and I have already made plans to do the In-Woods thing in Hot Springs.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

ScottAR

We've got some really unhappy farmers around.  The fields are turning into lakes.  More on the way looks like.   :(
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Patty

Send that rain up our way! We really need it bad. We haven't had a good 10" rain since those big floods back in 1993.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

ARKANSAWYER

OK I am back, rain got my phone line Sat afternoon and it just dried out today.  Buffalo creasted at 36 ft above normal and has already dropped over 6 ft today.  In a week or so it will be normal again if we do not get any more big rains.

This is a photo of the pond in my front yard.  It came up 16 ft in 3 days and looks really nice now.  It will drop back down over the summer.  Our dam is about 20 ft higher then normal pool so that we can catch these floods when they happen.  We will get a good spawn this year.  There are a couple of flatheads in there that will snap 20# line like nothing.

ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Buffalo is about back to normal and it just started raining again today.  It is not a good photo but you can see how high the water got.

ARKANSAWYER

SwampDonkey

We had a couple floods here in the late 80's and early 90's. It was in March and April with higher than normal spring temps and heavy rains. This was compounded by the power company's complacency. Basically, they weren't on the ball to adjust the water levels behind the dam in response to the forecasted rainfall amount. At the time our EMO was inadequate, underfunded or under staffed, as the services of the US army were employed to cleanup the towns and communities in the area affected. Thank goodness we have good neighbors to the south. :) When the floods in Winnepeg came, our Federal government made darn sure the Canadian army were johny on the spot to their aid. hmm the largest Canadian Army base is right here in Gagetown, N.B. You can sure figure out how we rate. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!