iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Them Toxic Swedes

Started by Fla._Deadheader, May 21, 2004, 04:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Found this on another forum this morning. Gotta get me a gas mask, IF I ever go to visit the Swede :-/ ;D ;D :D :D :D

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Amalgam tooth fillings made with mercury should be pulled out before people are cremated to cut emissions of the highly toxic metal, a Swedish government agency report proposed on Wednesday.
Mercury, also known as quicksilver, has been linked to neurological problems and is especially harmful to young children and fetuses.
It would be "difficult from the ethical point of view, but it is nevertheless desirable to be able to decrease the emission of quicksilver," the Chemical Inspectorate report said.
It calculated that since three quarters of Swedes have amalgam fillings, the population carries some 2.8 tons of mercury in their mouths.
In Sweden 70 percent of the dead are cremated, so about 1.9 tons end up in the air or in crematorium gas purification systems, the report said.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ADfields

:D :D :D :D :D

In Phoenix Arizona there is a little valley between 2 1500 foot hills and it's called the Dreamy Draw.   Most folks think thats because it's dreamy looking when in full spring bloom, and it is right pleasant to look at in spring. ;D   But back in the 1870's it was a big gold rush spot.   The miners would sit around camp fires at night and cook the mercury off their gold amalgam.   The mercury vapor hung in the valley most of the time and if you inhaled it you would get dreamy like you were drunk and so it's called the Dreamy Draw!   Stay around there very long at all and your teeth and hair would fall out, a bit longer and you kick the bucket. :-/   900,000 cars pass threw that valley every morning and less than 1% of them folks even know why it's called that I bet.  :-/
Andy

Stan

When the Swedes invented the AC/DC power transmission equipment, they made giant thyrotrons. Vacuum tubes that contain mercury to allow the arc to propagete. I worked in a place that used them. I asked a Swede tech one day, how do you know when to quit layin' in that puddle of mercury in the cathode tank. His answer was when your gums blacken and your teeth start to loosen. Every thing up to that point was reversable. Beyond that was brain damage. Seems to me they layed off a couple of years after they reached that point. When they left, you could scuff your feet on the floor and triple the mercury vapor reading. I guess they just love the shiny liquid.  ;)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Swede

:D :D :D :D :D
First I´ll tell you many swedes isn´t proud of being swedes. It´s a shame having our kind of politicans and also big business men we have. There is always a scandal going on.   And we know you have your president and scandals in the world of busiess, but they are not under our skin even if they scare us sometimes.

8 km from the "Swedes Residence" there is a high tech company installing continers in dentists sewer, in Sweden and other European countries, taking care of all mercury/quicksilver/amalgam.
http://www.swedenrecycling.se/eng/
 I don´t know if there is more company in Europe in that business, perhaps one or a few.
I´ve been told they may NOT recycle/reuse the mercury in Sweden but have to send it to other countries and pay for it. At the same time Sweden import mercury!!!  It makes my blood fast and at the same time I´m
 and thinking about it a few minutes makes me raging. And the dentist bills are 20% biger every year!

A few people don´t feel good with mercury in their teeths. Some of my fillings are 35 years old and "amalgam" but we have got other materials nowadays so I think there is most ceramic when I´ve left you. If some mercury still is in my mouth, just pull it out but first be shure I´m realy dead! :-X =Still alive.

At the same street as Sweden Recycling there is a company (SPA Produkter) making a machine for separating fillings and that ever not gets cremated. They also cut and fold all sheet metal for the machines i build in my work shop. :)

You are  welcome to Sweden and Swede! No gas mask is necessary! ;D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Boy, after reading Stan's post, I'm not sure I want to enter your country. Might have to meet across the border. ::) :D :D

For a guy that claims a language difficulty, you sure put some neat Java thingys on your posts ;) ;) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla._D; "For a guy that claims a language difficulty, you sure put some neat Java thingys on your posts"

Well........what else would I do with my loss of language? :D

Our politicans use to tell the people that Sweden is the best country in any ways. I know we are NOT!

US is big and in some (most?) states you have more strict environmental protections (or different) than we have.
You may not use my low Sievi shoes some places, you need boots.
Your new medicines are proofed but we have to proof them again. I say they work the same way for a swede as for an american human. (After all most of you are Europeans  ;D ) We lose some years before we get them new  medicines.

Strictly by the law I may NOT pull "Amerika-Sågen" after my car, I need a tractor. But I don´t think any police man would make the job to find it out.  
I may NOT start the engie up because it´s clasified as "a dangerous machine" and has not these papers in order. Doesn´t matter it comply with the safety requirements and more.....the papers.....but they´ll cost me more than the saw mill, so......... 8)

There was a TV program a week ago where some swedes "on the street" get asked about how "the americans are". Most of them, (as I) had just visited US on a map, others had just visited Las Vegas or NY city.  One woman had worked all over the US for a long time and had a hard time to tell the others about  your local differences and even more about personal variances.
Do you have any prejudices about how swedes are, how people on the west coast are, how people in the next town are.................. ::)  We have!  :D :D

I DO know some men, long time ago worked with lead in the glass industry lost their teeths and get black gums. Some of them get over 90 Y.O.
I THINK  Stans story is from some years ago.
I´m SURE american people are very different, being a mix of people from all over the world beside the original inhabitants.
I DID think they pulled the amalgam out!  Don´t they?  ???

Fla._D. The boarder is the problem! It´s wide, wet and deep! I´ve´ ta saw more logs, fin´em robbaboots ´n make a trip.  8)

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)

Buzz-sawyer

Swede
I am curious about your taxes.
As an individual, what is your total pecentage of income taken by taxes....
I have read somewhere it was 80% of total income...is that true?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Swede

Just 80%?  :o

Income tax is graduated from ~32% up to ~62% depending of the income/year. For everything you buy for consumtion (VAT) you pay 25%. On most hygiene stuff there is a "luxury tax".
 1 gal. spirits cost ~ $270, just the smell isn´t tax.
Beside that there is property tax, wealth tax and most of what we pay for petrol is tax. We also pay VAT on that "energy tax".
Gasoline:                4,00       Diesel: 5,00
Koldioxid tax:          0,86                  1,06
energy tax                3,61                   1,86
+VAT 25%   =       10,59                    9,9

There is also fees for what i earn in my business or what I pay an employed. 31-35% before the income tax. Beside that here are taxes I don´t know about. ::)

Politicians and public servants has high pension if they quit their job after some years, even if they find another job. If they "get the sack" they get payed their income for 1year or more. (Usaly millions SEK) They have credit cards they use for private costs. They use people to build their house and let their administration pay the bill.
Common people have to wait for the doctor if they can get one, politicians/public servants have insurance payed by their employer and get what ever they need the next day. *If I was a doctor.................*  ;D ;D ;D

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

Swede, you guys allowed to have firearms ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla._D. Yes, we may have firearms if we are members in a scooting club or have anywhere to hunt. For hunting guns we also have to take "jägarexamen", a kind of driving card for hunting. THEN we can get a licence for weapons. One for every gun we need.  
The guns have to be locked in a special cabiet. I think it´s good because with out them cabinets a lot more  guns should be stolen.
We don´t have your weapon culture and history behind (*) and I´m happy for that. I´m shure there is a connection between lots of guns in a comunity, respect for these things  and killing, but if you enter  into a liberal weapon culture you can´t get out of it easily. For me freedom and having a gun is unrelated if I don´t need one for a a legal purpose.

(*) OK, we had the vikings  ;D

Swede.

Stan

You had the Vikings but things were a lot warmer then. I understand that in order to hunt alg you have to be able to make lethal hits on a moving target. I think the Union's 6.5x55 is one of the world's greatest cartridges. Too bad the Norske had to use that silly homemade rifle, at least your's was invented in Germany.  :)  
Yes my story was 30 years old, even ASEA has gone to solid state for converters.  :D

Swede

Stan; Does the Norwegians make their rifles in their smithy?!  :o OK,  I´ve heard about them, but......... ::)

For älg hunting you must use a bullit gun and Husqvara made some.
http://www.rydsvapen.se/se/se_hva_cg_1900.html

They also made shot-guns. Don´t think they still make weapons.
I have never fired a gun.

Swede.

Norm

Swede don't believe everything the media tells you about guns. Did you know that the 2000 International Crime Victimization Survey, the most recent survey done, shows that the violent crime rate in England and Australia was twice the rate that it is here. England has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world (outside of communist and dictatorship countries).

The old saying is if they outlaw guns only the outlaws will have them. I don't believe in being a sheep waiting to be sheared or that the government is the only ones that should have guns so they can protect me.

Come over here during deer season and you'll understand why no country will ever try to invade the US.

SwampDonkey

I also hate gun laws also. They don't save lives and the statistics prove that in countries that have such laws. Here in Canada they have wasted over $3 billion in a registry that several provinces say they will not enforce on folks found without a certificate. It only amounts to more tax, if they need more taxes, charge it to the polluters. Then use it in health care.

My 2 cents worth. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Swede

Do I have to crawl i the dithes and hide in bushes now?    ::)

As I wrote before there is differences between your and our weapon culture and history. You needed to be armed becuse of hunting and the hard life when you went to US. We stayed here,  went behind the oxen trying to find some soil between the stones to put the plow down to. We didn´t need a gun because "länsman" did know everyone of us, the bad guys and the good.
We also have unlegal people with unlegal guns here as England and the rest of the world, and people get killed here too. But most people do NOT have a gun in their house. Without a gun you can´t shoot an other human to death.. No one can go into your house and take a not extising gun and kids can´t take their parents gun to school if there isn´t a gun in the house.

If we get your weapon laws into Sweden we would be in a  civil war in some weeks. "100 000" people without knowledge should by a gun whithout knowing what to use it for. Next saturday night many of them should take it out, get drunk, show it and perhaps kill himself or other people. Oups! Most Swedes are not used to guns.
Young people in Sweden rob people and take their mobile phones. I gun would be some more intresting.

If the US Government gets into the idea taking  weapons from you, I think you too should be in a civil war.  ;D You also have a history saying common people owns guns and most of you  have both nowledge and respekt for them. They´ve been there sinse you was born. .I think the differences in culture makes more for handling weapons than any laws ever can do.

This I´ve found out my self. Don´t blame the media!  :D :D And I don´t hate guns. The thing is that I´ve never need one. If I one day can find use for a gun I´ll buy it.

Swede.

SwampDonkey

Swede.

Nah, you can walk upright like a homo sapien for awhile longer. Most folks in rural communities have guns for hunting game and varment shooting. In towns and cities a few folks also hunt and use them in clubs. When we have to start crawling like snakes in ditches, bring on the nukes. :D

;) I thinks that 'right to bare arms' is just an excerpt taken from a phrase that explains before hand that it pertains to a 'well regulated militia' . But, most folks don't mention the militia, nor that its regulated. ;)  ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ADfields

DanG Swede, you be careful living with all them homicidal nuts you have around there!   If all it would take to drive them off the deep end is gun rights who in their right mind would let them get drunk! :o :o   What if they had an ax knife or even a busted wine bottle after drinking :o :o :o :o   I think I will stay hear in the States now that I know how little Swedes value the other human life around them, must be a horrid place. ;D ;)
Andy

etat

Ah, come on Andy, lighten up! :)  I'm really interested in what Swede has to say about his culture and country.  What may seem strange to us may be perfectly normal to them.  

By the way, I do have a few guns.  Got my ole 22, my ole 410 bolt action that holds 3 shells, an old 30-30 , an old sks, all nuthing fancy but reliable, and my grandaddy's double barrel.

Lately off and on while taking a break  I been sitting on my front porch and shooting turtles in my pond!!!!

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

ADfields

I am being light. ;)   Just pointing out that if all it's gonna take to push 100,000 Swedes over the edge is the right to own a gun, :o some one should take all the sharp things and booze away as well.   Seems as smart to me as not running with a revved up chain saw!   Quick, before our friend Swede gets himself killed over there in a drunken mob! ;) ;)  

It's not my country thew I do have roots there, so I'm just poking some fun with a bit of truth to it. ;D ;D 8) 8) :) :)

Swede, "you" do understand I'm joking with you wright ???
Andy

Stan

The anti gun crowd used the same argument when Florida first permitted concealed carry. "The gunshine state", one newspaper editorial called it. Now 37 states have concealed carry for anyone who can meet the requirements, and several others allow it on a more restricted basis. No shootouts like the anti's predicted. Gun carriers have turned out to be a whole lot more law abiding than the general populace, and criminals have to think two or three times before mugging a little old lady for her Social Security check. When the goobermint takes away the right to defend yourself, it only increases crime, as England and Australia have discovered. Violent crime is up about 1000% since the general populace was disarmed, in both countries.

etat

Read today in the news that a pesky moose from Vuoggatjalme, Northern Sweden ripped off a couples bicycle.

Seem's ole 'Droopy Ear' had been snackin on their roses off an on since 1995.

They found out that parking a bicycle in front a them roses didn't slow that moose down none at all!!!!1 :D

The moose, dubbed "Droopy Ear" because of her deformed ears, slid her head through the bike's frame and munched on the roses last week, sating her appetite with a flowery feast.

"Then she disappeared, with the bike hanging around her neck," Helamb said.

He found the bike later, about 1,640 feet from the house, bent apart and beyond repair. :)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&e=7&u=/ap/20040524/ap_on_fe_st/sweden_thieving_moose
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

etat

Which brings me to the question! ;D

If ya lived in Sweden, and got a hankering for some good ole fresh moose meat, how would  you go about getting the best of it so's you could butcher it up if you didn't have a gun to shoot it?

Swede

ADfields; Yo make verry joke on me? ::)  :D :D :D :D :D

There is an other point about the alcohol. We can just buy it on "Systembolaget" and being >20 Y.O. The high alco tax is also a kind of regulation.
If you goes out to the street with a knife in your pocket the police can take it from you. Walking at the street a saturday night with a chain saw I think they at least would tell some questions. 8)

When I was a kid people talked about them poor people in USSSR not may think and say what they wanted and that their friens and neigbors told the police about it IF they did. When they get "perestrojka" and freedom "common people" get more or less criminal.
In Irak we  can see that the people there have problems what to do with their sudden freedom.

Freedom to be armed, freedom to drink and every kind of freedom i think must be inherit by the culture to be well handeled.  

Grandpa; Shooting them slow turtles can´t be a sport so I guess You are hunting for food.  That´s OK and what armed people in the Swedish coutryside do too.  :D :D :D Good luck! ;)

SwampDonkey; Thanks! Can I hang my shirt for drying on Your antlers?  :D

Swede.

SwampDonkey

Swede:

errrmm  :-/

I don't need your smelly, sweaty shirt hung on my rack, nope.  ::)

As the old saying goes, 'mess with the bull, and your liable to get his horns' ;)

:D ;D

Swede

Grandpa;
Do I have to explane EVERY details? What do You think about sitting there waiting for a slow poor turtle to shoot?

I just take my old bike out, early in the morning before sun rise. Park it in front of the roses, take a knife, sit up and wait........... :D :D :D

Some years ago there was 3 mooses on the field beside my workshop. I hided behind a continer and started to soud like an old moose male. A female moose stoped eating and listened. She came closer and closer. After a while there was just a continer between us and I had to tell her I wasn´t intrested in closer acquaintance. She turned around and ran into the forest in a hurry.

Swede.

Thank You Sponsors!