iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Playing the Scam for fun

Started by etat, May 26, 2004, 01:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

I'll give you an idea of what this is about... It's a woman that got really tired of receiving the scam emails, and decided to take matters into her own hands. She sells horses on the internet. Basically someone will contact her trying to buy a horse that she is selling. They will explain to her that they would like to purchase the horse, but they are out of the country for a little while and need to get the transaction completed as quickly as possible. It is completely a scam. They send you a much larger cashier's check than you were expecting, then they want you to take it somewhere and cash it. Once you've got the cash, you are to send them the balance via Western Union (to whatever country they are in) and then they'll complete the transaction by picking
up whatever you've sold them. Well, you soon find out that the check is no good, plus you've sent all this money via Western union to someone you've never met. The funny thing is that the scammer is in such a hurry to get the money, they will send you the check via Fedex and it costs them considerable amounts of money. That's the entire point of what she does. Making them spend money while she knows all along that they are trying to steal hers.

http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scam5.html

This is kinda long, but really really fun reading!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

rebocardo

slowzuki

That was downright enjoyable! 8)

Percy

Scammed a scammer.... :D :D :D :D......lovit :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

etat

Just wanted to warn about and add one thing.  This lady often gave her real name and address, and sometimes her phone number.  In some of her other games she had listed about her fun with scammers it would  turn sort of ugly at the end with them threating her.  Then she'd make out to be an FBI agent or Cop.  That could turn into a dangerous game. Me personally, I would never give a scammer such information.  Nope, not me.  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

Good advice ck, you never know who they might turn out to be or are capable of. I think she is playing a dangerous game.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!