iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

For you pilots........

Started by Onthesauk, June 14, 2014, 09:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthesauk

Ketchikan: The Bush Pilots

http://vimeopro.com/user13432348/ketchikan-story-project

A video my Sister from Ketchikan passed on to me.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

sawguy21

Those guys are a breed apart. Courageous, resourceful and a little bit nuts. I flew into a remote logging camp on a narrow inlet in a piston Beaver on floats. We flew over the camp then headed straight toward the mountain, I started counting cones on the d-fir. :o At the last moment he banked then cork screwed toward the water to land into the wind, kinda unnerved me. Same taking off, we taxied across the inlet, turned then full throttle toward the dock. Just before we hit it we lifted off and spiraled up. All in a day's work for him.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

smwwoody

Wow Thanks for posting that!!!

I lived remote about 40 miles north of Ketchakan.  I know most of those bush pilots personally.  they are great guys.  I have flowen in most of those planes in the vid.  I am glad to see Steve Camm flying again.  He was in a bad crash about 5 miles from my house about 5 months before I left alaska 
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Warbird

That's cool!  My brother lives in Ketchikan.  Will share this with him.

terry f

All those video's are cool, like the old guy talking about how it was.

AK Newbie

Thanks for sharing the link some awesome footage!
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

hardtailjohn

Kevin Roof (in the  video there) used to help me in the shop to offset his flying bill when I was running the shop in Bellingham, WA.  I'd seen him just after he'd gone to Ketch, when we were up there looking at an airplane, but had lost contact since....sure was great to see he'd done well up there. (we got back in touch via facebook, since then)
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

mad murdock

Awesome video. The Great Land is indeed very picturesque!!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!