iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill Shed/Carport/Shade for Human... (pics included)

Started by Kipper, September 21, 2015, 08:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

Well, finally got the mill under cover somewhat. Been thinking about the best way to protect it and quickly until I can settle on the design I want and have the time to build it. This was a quick fix to get some shade for the operator and get the command station and power head out of the weather when not in use.

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

Magicman

That idea has been incorporated by several FF members, and it seems to work very well.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

I like it and looks like it accomplishes all your needs:  Mainly protection from sun and rain.  Also you got enough overhead room for a nice chicken house type fan for Summer.  Good job.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

bandmiller2

That's a neat building and will protect you and baby. Have you noticed louder engine noise due to the speaker effect.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

deepsouth.us

Good work! That'll keep the buisness end protected till you get a permanent solution.

I did something similar wherby I had enough cedar on hand to build a small shed that keeps the saw head out of the weather till I can come up with some iron for a long run.
Timberking 2000

Thank You Sponsors!