iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsereds 920

Started by motovate, January 26, 2016, 12:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motovate

I've got an old but good Jonsereds 920. It's an old Falling saw from NE Oregon.  Big heavy and has plenty of grunt to cut. I think it is a 1983 model at least it looks like that  as on the Serial number plate the 1983 is above the serial number which is 07145.

I need a choke lever.  It has a plastic lever that has broken off just inside the case.  Looks like the tip just broke off at some time.  Any Idea where I can go to get the plastic lever????

I used it as a second and big log saw when I was cutting firewood in NE Oregon.   As I remember it I traded a Motorcycle for it @ a saw shop in about 1985 or so in Baker Oregon way before it was Called Baker City.
From the beginning I had to prime it to get it started because it was easier then messing with the busted choke lever.  Prime it a little give it a few pulls and wham away it would go.  After that it would start first or second pull when it was warmed up.

It hasn't been run in 15+ years and I put it away dry.  Today I pulled it out filled it up with 50-1 saw gas, primed it up and gave it a few tugs.  Took a bit but it started up and reved right up and ran it for about 15 mins trimming a few limbs and a few little junipers that were in the way.   Ate them right up & reminded me just how heavy that sucker was.  Still a good old saw!!

Just thought I'd fix the choke handle if I could find one.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

LBM 8) ;D

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Couple things that may help.
First, check with our sponsor Chainsawr (see logo in far left column). Good reports on parts for chainsaws, and best to give them a call as all parts not listed online.

Second, click your forum name and it will take you to where you can update your profile with at least your location. Will help in subsequent posts.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

motovate

Thanks & Done.

I'll Check them out.

LBM

XP_Slinger

Chainsawr served me very well when I went through a 920 a couple years ago.  I was able to get a recoil housing with internals, chain brake internals and the rubber mounts for the handle.  All parts recieved were as described on the site.  Good luck with your saw.  The 920 is a torque monster!  Wish I still had mine.
346XP/NE
357XP...ported by MeDremel
372XP/XT...ported by A. Burr
Homelite (Solo) 340

I'd rather be in the woods than on this computer.

motovate

Thanks - I contacted them through their website and they had a 920 choke handle plus I found a few Items I needed for a Husky 66 I have.  Real Glad to find a good source of parts.

LBM 8)

Quote from: XP_Slinger on January 26, 2016, 06:55:09 PM
Chainsawr served me very well when I went through a 920 a couple years ago.  I was able to get a recoil housing with internals, chain brake internals and the rubber mounts for the handle.  All parts recieved were as described on the site.  Good luck with your saw.  The 920 is a torque monster!  Wish I still had mine.

Thank You Sponsors!