iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Biggest tree you've cut down?

Started by logger, April 15, 2005, 05:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack240

i no this is a topic about cutting down but the biggest one i cut apart was a ash estimated and 42 in. it got cut into firewood every16in. that was a lot of cuts and made ALOTof wood  ;D . me and my pap had the huskies hummin through that baby  ;D . we made a lot of dust and noise taht night  ;D 

Mark M

10" balsam - 16" bar - Jonsereds 630 :D

whitepe

Bro. Noble cut a big tree down while in Peoria Once. :)
It was so big the picture can't be made small enough to fit  :D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

chet

Quote from: Mark M on April 18, 2005, 09:57:50 PM
10" balsam - 16" bar - Jonsereds 630 :D

Mark,
conciderin' ya live where dar ain't no trees, dats purty DanG big.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

whitepe

Well... I figured out how to make a small Picture. Here's Noble leaving the scene of the crime.
Note the FF hat.

Bro. Noble

Be careful Whitepe,

If they were ever to catch us, they still might confiscate your 009 ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

whitepe

Noble.
I see from the date of the picture that we still have a long time until the
Statute of Limitations runs out.  Maybe we best lay low for a while and hang out
in of those caves near Rock Bridge.   ;)

I sure hope Mark M doesn't see the picture of this big tree.  It might be so exciting
to him that his heart might skip a beat or two.

Mark M

pigman

If Bro_Noble can cut a tree that size with that little saw he is good, real good. smiley_applause
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Yep!
That sure is good cutting there Noble! ;D

logger

He must have been jigglin that saw around in the plunge cut he had to make to bring that one down. :D :D :D :D :D 8) :o :D ;D ;) :)
220 Poulan            Future Saws         
Stihl MS280             Jonsered CS2171              
Stihl MS440 Magnum Husky 575XP  
Stihl MS460 Magnum   Dolmar PS-7900
Husky 385xp            Stihl MS361  Stihl MS441 Magnum
Stihl 066 Magnum       Stihl MS660 Magnum

tnlogger

naw thats one of dem superduper factory options dey puts on that there 09 it has that there extenderble
bar dat goes from 12" ta56" with a supercharger on it.  :D :D :D
gene

Bro. Noble

Gosh I'm glad you guys are impressed ;D

This sort of stuff is just kind of a hobby to me :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Roxie

:D :D  You guys are cracking me up!   :D :D  That's hilarious!!   :D :D
Say when

asy

Did ya have to Gnaw at it much to get it to the right size to use that itty bitty chainsaw?!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Ianab

Quote from: whitepe on April 18, 2005, 10:11:25 PM
Well... I figured out how to make a small Picture. Here's Noble leaving the scene of the crime.
Note the FF hat.

Legend has it that he felled, limbed and bucked that tree with the 009 all before breakfast too  ;) :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

rebocardo

Biggest I have cut down is a 36 inch water oak, biggest I have cut up that already hit the ground from a storm was a 54 or 56 inch white oak. With an axe biggest one is probably around 14 inches.

pigman

:)
Quote from: Ianab on April 21, 2005, 05:03:31 AM

Legend has it that he felled, limbed and bucked that tree with the 009 all before breakfast too ;) :D
And with one hand in his pocket. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

asy

Quote from: pigman on April 21, 2005, 07:45:26 AM
And with one hand in his pocket. ;)

See...  there are SO MANY good lines there, and I have to resist..  DanG family rating...   :o

asy :D :D :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Black_Bear

I would have to say the largest solid, merchantable tree that I slayed was a 50" on the stump yellow birch.  Couldn't believe that it was still solid, but it was. I had to measure it, it was a beautiful tree. We've cut some big ugly maples that probably went bigger, but they were just firewood.

If any of you get a chance to visit the Ethan Allen mill in Beecher Falls, VT check out the log that is displayed at the entrance. I don't remember the diameter and I think we cut it 32' long, but it is a sugar maple that was cut in Charleston, VT. It took two Hood loaders to load it on a truck.

Here's the kicker. My boss/landowner at the time had told us not to touch the tree because he wanted to see if it met or exceeded the VT state record for a sugar maple. Well, needless to say the only person who counted, the chopper, did not get the message. Down she went into infamy. Most of the guys made sure that they were not hanging around when the boss was informed of the "miscommunication". 

Thank You Sponsors!