iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

To Be or Not To Be Curly Cherry?

Started by Glenn1, March 09, 2016, 08:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn1

I took out a load of cherry from the kiln and I came across boards that I think are curly cherry.  I am fairly certain about the photo with one board but not sure about the photo with multiple boards.  Are 1 or 2 of them curly?

Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

YellowHammer

Yep, very nice looking.  High value.  Were there only a couple?  Take a rag and some rubbing alcohol and wipe the boards, you'll see the contours really pop.  The alcohol will evaporate quickly, so won't potentially damage the boards, but will show what they look like if they were finished in oil.   
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

Yes Sir, they sure are.  Clear and nice and wide.  Incredibly beautiful.  Reminds me of the curly cherry that went into this blanket chest. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Glenn1

I charge $4.50 bf up to 9" and $5.00 over 9".  These are wide boards so I wonder what I can get for them?  Suggestions?
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

WDH

I would be at $6.75/bf.  Wood like that is special.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!