iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

promotional materials

Started by DansSawmill, September 13, 2004, 07:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DansSawmill

thought i'd start a new topic  8)
what do you guys use for promotional materials ?
i give out the woodmizer log and lumber rule to my larger customers
its a sort of pocket scale that will tell them what bdft they can get out of a log and such, i glue  my biz card to it ... have got a lot of new biz from it  cause they will show it to thier buds when they are down at the coffee shop discussin'
i also  give out pens on occasion, i need pens for work anyways, so i buy some personalized ones for around $.50 ea and use them / hand them out to my smaller buyers  :)

wish i could find who makes woodmizers log scale, i'd have them put my name and number up there ( more proffessional)
anyways theres nothing like show and tell for word of mouth to spread... course you have to do quality work  to get good word o mouth
dan
Dan's Sawmill
Custom Sawing since 94
CNC woodworking too
now with a 98' lt40 super

J_T

If you were closer I could send you a bunch of work. Would think some of the mills near you would let you put some cards out .I try hard to stay away from coustom sawing ,but sometime I get caught
Jim Holloway

Kevin_H.

I think that jeff checked into have the scales made at one time and they were kinda pricey...

I made my own scale using excel, it doesn't slide but hey a lot cheaper, they are just bigger that a post card, one side have the scribner scale and the other has a lumber scale.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

Has anyone approached the CEO at Wood Mizer and explained what they would like to use their "scale" for ???

I see NO copyright on the scale except for the WM logo??? Maybe they would give you permission to place your name and address label over their's at the bottom front ???  I used to have some from Corley, when we were in Ar. I doubt that there would be a copyright problem with running a few on a computer, as long as you don't sell them ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

logman

I hand out the Woodmizer scales also.  I have managed to
acquire quite a few of them by sawing at events and requesting their event pack.  I always ask for extra scales
which they gladly give out.  You also get 2 blades and a
hat.  I would just get a stamp made and stamp them.
LT40HD, 12' ext, 5105 JD tractor, Genie GTH5519 telehandler
M&K Timber Works

sparks

Priority Press Inc, Indianapolis,In, 317-241-4234. That's where we get them. Give them a call see if they can help you out.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

DansSawmill

thanks sparks, will look into it.
dan
Dan's Sawmill
Custom Sawing since 94
CNC woodworking too
now with a 98' lt40 super

RMay

DansSawmill let us no what you find out with Priority Press  ;D I could use some of them with WM on one side and my mill name stamped on the other side ::)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Kansas

We have a business card that folds in the middle... its double the size of regular business cards. The doyle scale is printed on the back. I dont recall what they cost to have made, but it wasnt much. We have had people drive quite a few miles just to pick up one of our cards when they were trying to figure board footage.

Larry

I got one of those cards.  Seems like it came from a little sawmill out in the middle of Kansas called Kansas Hardwoods. 8)

Welcome Steve -- think you will feel right at home. ;D ;D ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Norm

Welcome to the FF Steve. Good to have another midwesterner on here. :)

Kansas

Thanks for the welcome. Btw  Larry, the KFPA is going to be putting on a tour not far from you. Sometime this fall, we are going to tour a new facility in wathena that has a new timber harvester sawmill and edger, a pallet operation near there, and then I think we are going to sneak across the border into missouri and tour the American Walnut sawmill and facilities. We dont have  a firm date or  schedule yet, but your on the list, look forward to seeing you there.    Steve

Jeff

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Kansas!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum Kansas.  

So... You think you need to slip over into Missouri to see how the Missouri boys turn trees into lumber?  Well come on over!

Please fill out your bio  - what kind of opperation do you have? etc.  You've got the advantage on us...
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Oh,  back to the topic.  We too looked at getting fold-over business cards with the log and/or board scales on the back.  We opted instead to just print a map to our location from the nearest highway intersection on the back side of a standard card.  I cost less than double to have both sides printed.

We've given a few of the WM scale cards away to a few that needed them.  I didn't worry that they didn't have our name on them.  Kind of like my WM friends. ;)

We do have a spokesman from Arkansas that shows up at major events and puts on a show for the folks. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tobacco Plug

I try to pass out business cards wherever I can, putting them up on bulletin boards in feed stores, stockyards, restaurants,etc.  When I pass out cards to individual people, I give them two, the idea being that they can give the extra one to a potential customer.  When I finish a custom cutting job and have been paid, I have started giving a tree identification book that the state forestry department publishes.  My cost on these is $1.00 each, so you see why I wait until I have been paid.  I stamp my name and address on the back.
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

Cedarman

We put the cedar scale on the back of ours.  It is rare to find a cedar scale and most people keep them for years.  I see some that I gave away 10 years ago.  It is not that expensive to print both sides.  I like to give people something they want to keep that is different from what others give.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!