iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How about a game of guess that Part?

Started by Gilman, September 13, 2004, 03:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilman

Where did they come from?  Hints:
Off a WM hd 40
There are actually 4 bolts, but could only find two.

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

DansSawmill

my guess is jackstand bolts, like when ya drive off without pulling up that last stand.. :)
dan
Dan's Sawmill
Custom Sawing since 94
CNC woodworking too
now with a 98' lt40 super

Gilman

I should of had my stop watch running.   4min 15 seconds to get the answer. ;D

There's one advantage of using a quite Toyota T100 to do your hauling, you can hear the sucker dragging.  Brother in law used his diesel crummy to tow the mill back to the barn.  I'm surprised he even stopped.

I assume you have to take off the copper power strip to get to the lower two bolts?

Gilman

Well, that was too quick for me. Anyone else have a part to add to the game?

DansSawmill

just been there,done that... several times as a matter of fact
dan
Dan's Sawmill
Custom Sawing since 94
CNC woodworking too
now with a 98' lt40 super

Kevin_H.

We lost the pin and spring that keeps the jack up, didnt know it until we got home. chances are the only thing that kept the jack from getting ripped off going down the road was the fact that it could move up and down as we drove.

The foot of the jack was bright and shiney on the bottom.  :D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Gilman

Please tell me you were driving home at night Kevin.  That would have been a pretty show with all those sparks!  :D

VA-Sawyer

Gilman,
I knew what they were when I saw them too. Mine aren't carriage bolts like yours, but I recognize the length.  :D
Plowed about 20 ft of a customers yard with the front support. (He was my second paying customer actually ) DanG Blazer felt like it's get up and go got up and left. Stopped to see what the problem was.  I was more upset over it than the customer was. I fixed his yard befor leaving. I felt pretty bad.... he had a nice yard.
Now, the last thing I do before leaving, is a complete walk around the mill. Check the legs, clutch lever, head lock, ball coupler, etc.
I may be slow....but I do learn !   ;)
VA-Sawyer

Kevin_H.

hey Gilman it was during the day so no light show... ;D

The bad part is, I could tell the car behind me was trying to get my attn. but I thought to my self " I'm not stopping this close to home, if they want to ask me about custom sawing they can just follow me all the way home"

When we got home I jumped out of my truck with my business card in hand, the driver of the car said "  hey we have been trying to get you to stop...you've been dragging something for about 5 miles..." ;D

I just said thanks and put my business card back in my pocket. :D

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

RMay

Been there done that :D got home go to let jack down no jack :o call customer he says there is a black thing in his driveway 50 miles form home
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

neslrite

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has done that, I have done it twice in my own driveway. ;) ;)
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Gilman

RM,
I'll have to create a new rule for myself, "don't leave any black things at a customer's site."

:D :D :D

A friend of mine borrowed my 20' trailer to go pick up a old car he bought about 50 miles noth of here on I-5. About half way there a car kept pace with him and he was starting to get irritated with them.  He sped up and they sped up, he slowed down, they slowed down.  Finally he looks over and the passenger had a piece of paper plastered to the window with big bold letters that spelled out, "RAMP FELL OFF"

He pulled over and the kind other driver pulled over with him.  Apparently it fell off about 5 miles back.  The other driver said he was behind the trailer when all of a sudden there was this metal ramp in front of him skidding left and right like a drunk driver going 65 mph.  He said all of the cars near hit the brakes and scattered away from it. Fortunately it cought an edge and shot off to the side of the road.

beenthere

If I want to get someone in front of me to stop, what has worked is to flash the headlights and motion, as well as pull over to the shoulder. Works for me, and also, I would pull over if someone did it behind me.  :)
Not sure I would be too responsive to someone following only. For sure I wouldn't speed up to lose them. I go a steady speed and if someone wants to go faster, I let them. Seldom, but on occasion, I will continually slow down in front of a tailgater. Some don't get it though, and don't even realize they are tailgating.  ;D

I hate it when I forget to put the ramps up!  Just take off and let em slide. But usually notice before getting too far. The ordeal usually grinds an angled edge on them though.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!