iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Longtime Lurker

Started by Drarnold, December 05, 2017, 11:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drarnold

Hi there,

Long time lurker on this forum.  Just thought I would drop a line and introduce myself.  My name is Drew Arnold and I am located in Mobile, AL but I am originally from South Mississippi.  I grew up using a 1986 Woodmizer LT-40 my dad bought 3rd or 4th hand and cut many a board on that old machine.  I now run a Lucas 613 with a slabbing attachment and am currently building a chainsaw mill to put on a Stihl MS-660 to toss in the back of my truck in order to be more portable as I run the roads quite a bit with my day job.  I do miss using a bandmill though. 

In addition to the sawmills, I am working on a solar kiln to dry lumber and also have a log arch set up I built to retrieve logs from local homeowners and tree services.  I have gleaned many ideas and have admired the work of many forum members for some time now.  I just figured I should step out of the shadows and say hello and contribute to the forum.  I admittedly still have much to learn and am looking forward to my continued education and hope to help others where I can.

Thanks,

thecfarm

Drarnold,glad you became a member.
By the sounds of that last sentence you will become a very good member to have here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TKehl

In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Drarnold!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

btulloh

Welcome to the forum.  Keep us updated on your progress.
HM126

samandothers

wesdor

Welcome. With your expectations I think you will find this a great place. Sounds like you already have lots of good experience.

4x4American

And I thought it was a thread about forum member longtime lurker from oz lol
Boy, back in my day..

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, DrArnold.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Great introduction Drew. Glad to meet you and welcome.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Welcome Drew.  Add your sawmill to your profile so that we will remember.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Howdy

Welcome.
It's amazing how much you gain by giving a little away.  The more you post the more you benefit so come on in, the water is fine.
Howdy

firefighter ontheside

Welcome aboard!  I sure have learned a lot and expect that trend to continue. 
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!