iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad teeth!

Started by Woodhauler, August 14, 2016, 11:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Been fighting another rotted/broken tooth, going in morning to get it pulled. He is going to look at pulling them all. I'm sick of the pain and having bad teeth. I have had like 6-8 pulled over the years mostly on the bottom. This ones on top.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Chuck White

I really feel for you, Woodhauler.

I feel fortunate that I have not had an issue with my teeth other than a semiannual check-up/cleaning for a few years now.

But it wasn't an easy road to get there, I had some repaired and some removed, and the $$$ involved!

Wishing you good luck in becoming pain free!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bluthum

I don't have any lower molars {for 50! years}, and plenty missing topside. I can eat any *DanG thing anybody can.
Can't count the crowns in place and have spent probably about 1/4 of this years income on the remaining snags this year. Don't regret any of it as it looks to me like teeth in a jar suck too. But every bodies situation is different. Just my 2 cents worth. You decide.

Woodhauler

Well back from dentist, waiting for novacane to wear off before I go to haul wood. Dentist was really nice. In at 8:30 out at 9!! He will be the one to pull the rest when time comes.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

Glad to hear you have a good one. I had a root canal done and I feel asleep on her. I had one removed and the dentist gave me the shots and sat down and talked to me for about an ½ hour before he started to remove it.
There is no reason for ANY pain. Let that shot set up. I almost walked out on one dentist and I told him why. I never went back to that one.
Yes,I may not be able to eat or drink for 3-4 hours after. That side is numb for about that long after I leave the dentist.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Doctors or dentist are all the same, get you in and get you out, they need more $  >:(. I'm on dentist # 4 and I don't think this last one is the 1 in 10  :( . My upper teeth always hurt more than the lower ones.
Ed K

WV Sawmiller

WH,

Hate to hear it but glad you have a good dentist.

I am lucky to have a good dentist. My daughter's best friend worked for him so that attracted us to him. He has been real good about getting me in on short notice back when I was working overseas and would only be home a couple weeks at a time a couple times a year.

The last 3 teeth I had pulled I replaced with implants and I love them. It was expensive and a long process to get them in. First one had to wait 6 months for the bone to fill in then he drilled in the implant (think putting rebar in wet concrete) and wait another 6 months for the bone to grow around it then he put the healing cap and crown on it. The last 2 (Upper front) took an extra 6 months because when the bone filled in was too thin so he had to do a bone graft so another 6 months then put in the implant. The whole process is time sensitive and you have a short window to take the next action.

On the 2 front teeth I noticed one going gray, went in and the dentist did a root canal on one then noted other one was dead so did it too. That lasted a couple years then he had to put crowns on and a cold Snickers bar pulled them free. When the Dentist found both dead he asked if I'd been hit in the mouth or other injury. I told him I'd fallen off my big horse a week or so before and might have hit them together then. He asked "Didn't you feel it hurt?" I told him "Doc, my a-- was hurting so bad I never noticed my teeth hurting."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Al_Smith

I've got good teeth  but they cost $3400 bucks .They reside in a cup while I sleep .

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: thecfarm on August 15, 2016, 08:29:42 PM
Glad to hear you have a good one. I had a root canal done and I feel asleep on her. I had one removed and the dentist gave me the shots and sat down and talked to me for about an ½ hour before he started to remove it.
There is no reason for ANY pain. Let that shot set up. I almost walked out on one dentist and I told him why. I never went back to that one.
Yes,I may not be able to eat or drink for 3-4 hours after. That side is numb for about that long after I leave the dentist.  :D

I wish mine went so well!  I had three root canals each about 10 months apart.  First one was a bit painful.  Second one, there was nothing that would kill the pain.  It was the absolute worst pain I have ever felt and I've had some doozies!  I had the movie "Marathon Man" with Dustin Hoffman running through my head... :-\  The third one finally was nearly pain free.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ed_K

Was the second time a top tooth near the front? That's the one that got to me.
Ed K

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Ed_K on August 19, 2016, 07:07:24 PM
Was the second time a top tooth near the front? That's the one that got to me.
No.  All 3 were bottom molars.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

gspren

My dentist retired a few years ago and I was slack about a replacement until last week when I chipped a tooth, with a friends recommendation I went to my new dentist Dr Payne, pronounced PAIN and he seems ok just seems funny saying I'm going to see Dr pain!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Corley5

I've got good teeth.  My problem is what my dentist calls "operator's tooth syndrome".  When operating equipment some of us clench our teeth pretty tight.  I've had three crack.  Two have been repaired.  One with an extensive filling that's holding well.  One with a root canal and a crown.  The third had to be pulled.  It was split to the root.  I wear a bite guard now when running my machines.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ken

Quote from: Corley5 on August 21, 2016, 06:16:02 PM
I've got good teeth.  My problem is what my dentist calls "operator's tooth syndrome".  When operating equipment some of us clench our teeth pretty tight.   I wear a bite guard now when running my machines.

Just relax Corley5  Recline the seat a bit more and pretend you are playing an interactive video game that slays trees
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Corley5

Hard to relax when you're just waiting for the next major breakdown  ;) ;D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!