iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Hunting what is it

Started by Jeff, November 22, 2012, 02:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

What is this, and what is so significant about them?  8)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ljohnsaw

Look like ceramic knife sharpener - a must have if your going to field dress your kill.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Chuck White

Yup, crocksticks!

They'll put a nice edge on a knife!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Ken

Stir sticks for a cool beverage back at the camp?
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Jeff

Some good guesses! I thought I had you fooled. :-\

And I did. ;D
Keep trying. :)

Dave Shepard

Looks like the cardboard sticks from a lolly pop, but I can't see how you're luring the deer in with those. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Very close, but I won't give it to you quite yet. :)

Autocar

Boy O Boy you guys have to much time  :D  :D  :D
Bill

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JohnM

I was guessing what DS said (lollypop sticks), as you can see the 'seam' on one.  But related to hunting... ???  Scent wicks?

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

SwampDonkey

It's cold, so I suppose he's looking for something to light up. ;D  I'm munch'n on sticks that look similar to those, they call'm wheat thin STIX. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

They have to do with hunting because that is when I accomplished the feat. They are Tootsie-Pop sticks and I made it to the center stick of two consecutive pops without biting them. However, I can not answer the proverbial question, "Mr. Owl, How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"  cause I forgot to count em. ;D :)

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thecfarm

That's funny. But you really need to start seeing deer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Quote from: thecfarm on November 22, 2012, 08:59:02 PM
That's funny. But you really need to start seeing deer.
Its actually a bit sad. :-\

DonT

thecfarm

My step son is not having no luck either. Misery loves company. He hunts in 3-4 different places,his Fathers,his place, here and some whereever his friends go. But with no doe permit in this area,it makes it harder. None of the family,4 licenses,got a doe permit here. As he said it's getting harder to find land to hunt on without having another one walking by every 15 minutes in his area.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!