iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Recreational logging

Started by JesseA, January 29, 2018, 09:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

We've got a Tracker on the Billarosa. Pretty much a air conditioned UTV that is also still licensed for the road.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

JesseA

Two years ago, I started in making lumber with dads Alaskan mill and it was slow but pleasant work, as much as having hot saw exhaust in your face for 5 minutes at a time can be pleasant.

It worked well enough that I decided to cut down the big gnarly pine that loomed over our hangout spot by the stream. 

The tree was like this from 4 to 26 feet but being the stubborn guy that I am I kept bucking till I found good wood and salvaged three loads like this
;

BurkettvilleBob

What's mounted in the back of that biscuit?

47sawdust

JesseA
Nice cage on the Sammy.Is that your handiwork?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

mike_belben

Nice bridge

Keep the muffler bolts tight on your jonskys or theyll melt the oil tanks.
Praise The Lord

Crusarius

That is by far the koolest log arch ever :)

JesseA

There isn't much in the back, a milk crate, a fuel tank and a winch. I built the cage and pretty much the rest of it.   

Mike those are actually Italian saws.  Efcos.  Oddly, the big one is like 82ccs and is a total dog. The "little" one is 56ccs and cranks.   The main bridge timbers are big cants that were marginal from the big rotten logs.

Thanks for all the kind words

mike_belben

Ya got me.  A jonsered would have have a flat top where the red and black meet above the starter.  I thought it was a 2155 at first glance.
Praise The Lord

JesseA

I improved that bridge after I fell through it with a hitch of wood on a couple of times.

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

47sawdust

That's why he needs a rock crawler,must be a relative of Cfarm.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

I guess I need one of them. My suspension on my tractor is not all that good.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JesseA

Suspension is overrated, big smooshy tires are not.  The rear has maybe an inch of travel before it's on the bump stops.  The front as a fair bit more, but it's not like those cool kid rock crawlers you see on the tv or YouTube with 6 feet of articulation. 

Crusarius

bushmechanic

They call Newfoundland the Rock but I believe Maine could rank right up there ;) thecfarm knows just what to do with them rocks :D

thecfarm

Into the bog they go. I just wished I had a quicker way to get them there. And something bigger to get the big ones there too.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

47sawdust

Over in the General section of the forum they are talking "floating rocks",don't believe the Maineiac's have floating rocks.
Mick

Thank You Sponsors!