iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yooper Maple Syrup and Pannycakes

Started by chet, March 24, 2006, 11:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

That's what I'm having for breakfast in da mornin', thanks ta fellow yooper forum member Nailhead and his sugarbush.   8)  8)  8)  8)

Thanks buddy from da bottom of my belly.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

sawguy21

Sounds DanG good to me. Better than them there geeeeerits ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

What in the cathair is pannycakes?  Now I've heard of pancakes but I ain't never heard of pannycakes. Sounds like an effeminent pancake to me.  If ya want dem pannycakes to taste real good......I suggest you put some 100% pure cane syrup on 'em. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

I got me some as well but I can see this grade of Syrup far surpasses sumpthing for breakfast. I'm saving mine to put on some neller Ice Cream and I'll be taken pictures of that. Thank you Nailhead!

Cane Syrup?  :D  :D

Tell me people, which looks like a better place to get a fine naturally sweet edible delectable to you? :D   I know which one I'll choose... :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

I'll bet dem last two pieces of sugarcane closest ta dat donkey's butt would go good on gritts.   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pasbuild

Thats one of the TREATS ya get served when ya visit nailhead Jeff and it sure is good smiley_blue_bounce smiley_thumbsup
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Nailhead

Say there Pasbuild, you know where to come if you want some!!!!Jeff and Chet, I hope you enjoy.
Just got home, picked over 300 gallons of sap today, have been boiling the last two days. Looks like the next 3 to 4 days will be good.
If we have a good year and Pasbuild takes me to the piggy roast, maybe we can raffel some off to support the Forum.
Of course the boss would have to taste test it before we gave it out.
NH
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

chet

Nailhead, maybe you better drive and bring Pasbuild with you. He's only battin' 50% when it comes ta gittin' ta da Piggy Roast.  ;D

Furby

Coon

Now I see how they get BROWN SUGAR :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

I had Carleton county maple syrup on my indian bread this morning, got enough left over to cook up tommorrow to.  :) 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nova

This time of year reminds me of sugaring off the maple sap when my grandfather was still around.  Must of burned a years worth of wood to get a few gallons of syrup.  My parents go nuts just to get a bottle, my brother would crawl through a knot hole to have a taste, my wife and kids love it but I could take it or leave it, preferably the latter.  Guess I just miss my grandfather too much to enjoy it anymore  :'(.
...No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care...John Maxwell

SwampDonkey

My grandfather would make it fresh in the spring, have his fill of it and give the rest away to people he guided and friends and such. He stuck mainly with mollasses, and on cornbread and indian bread he always reached for the mollasses jar.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nailhead

Hey Chet
I forgot about last year, Your right, I'll drive and Pasbuild can come along for the ride. I'll just make sure he does't do the preflight inspection!

chet

Nailhead

Hey Chet
What kind of bike do you drive?
Pedal or motor? :D

chet

Peddles  :o    not dis dude.    ;D

Me and da boys last year in Ontario

Stoppin' ta hide behind a tree  ;D

pasbuild

I think my average is more like 80%, I did make it past da bridge last year.

Jeff

MULE_MAN

NOW THAT DOES LOOK GOOD !!!     8)  Makes me hungry for Ice Cream
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Nailhead

Jeff

sawguy21

DanG it now I have to find some of that. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

TexasTimbers

I wish you Yanks and Canucks could find a way to grow Maple trees that would yield diabetic-friendly syrup. I love dat der maple syrup as much as anybody. Speshully on my breakfast materials.
I cheat every now and then but I wish I could drink that stuff I love it so much.  :'(
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

pigman

Right now I am real sorry I let Sprucebunny outbid me on that maple syrup. :'(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

chet

It passed da test on my pannycakes with flyin' colors, yuuuummmm     8)    and this mornin' it was fantastic on my french toast  8)   Now I gotta think of something for tomorrow.    ???   

No pics, I'm not coordinated enough ta fill my face and snap pictures at da same time.  :D                         

Furby

That's what the timer on the camera is for. ;)
I'm thinking ya need to have some ice cream for breakfast, Jeff said it was good!

Dana

Chet, my grandma used to call them pannycakes also, I had forgotten till you posted this. Another one was Santi Clause.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

SwampDonkey

As the old man would say, "lay'r right too ya, good for what ales ya" :D :D :D

pasbuild

Yup dats da best way to enjoy dat delicacy, get a mouth full of dat ice cream and syrup and swirl it around in your mouth like a fine home made wine before ya swaller it, UM UM GOOD

Thank You Sponsors!