iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fun with rock and dirt

Started by woodmills1, July 31, 2012, 07:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

shinnlinger

New toys?

I have a similar collection of rocks up here if you need more....

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

thecfarm

Looks like someone been dumping rocks for a while there. Is that a screener?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MHineman

1999 WM LT40, 40 hp 4WD tractor, homemade forks, grapple, Walenstein FX90 skidding winch, Stihl 460 039 saws,  homebuilt kiln, ......

kderby

"BR"

:D :D :D :D :D

Now, what ya going to do with it?

woodmills1

yes BR  almost as big as my Scion XB    :D

yes that is a 12 foot high screener, dirt pile must go, and my back hoe is to short to feed it

traded lumber and firewood for use of my neighbors cool tools

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

when my lovely wife got home from work yesterday I said we never talked about a feature rock would you want one?  as I walker her around the equipment so she could see the BR

tree-farmer

I've heard rocks like that are refered to as "leverites", as in "leave er right there".  ;D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

shinnlinger

Wrap some carpet on your teeth, your marring up they nice looking rock!!!
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

woodmills1

yes it is a feature rock now
120 yds screened with maybe 30 more to go

blackfoot griz

I used to have a big rock (not as big as the one above in the pics) in front of my old house centered where the road forked.  The county said they were going to remove it.  I asked them to leave it.  They brought in a big excavator and a dump truck.  I took a seat in the grass to watch. The machine was really working.  Just after the operator cleared the side of the dump box, the thumb lost it's grip... it sure left a big belly in the bottom of the dump box.

woodmills1

no way I am lifting that over anything :o

Peter Drouin

I would make a ramp , so the cat can load the screener . and for the rock or rocks dig a hole next to the rock and role the rock in it. and you will have dirt left over :D good luck Woodmills1
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

westyswoods

Tree-farmer has it right. Thirty years ago a buddy and I along with others were hand digging a foundation for his house to be. Low and behold we found one smack dap in the middle of a frost wall footing. After several hours, like a day with pick and shovel no end in sight. It was a leave er right there, been there for thousands of years and no way frost is going to heave it. Finally got boss to agree and to this day most likely no one even knows it is there.

Before anyone ask, building site was on the side of a cliff with little if no options for mechanization to work. Note owner was an exbullriding marine from Texas. Just let er be enough said.

Stay Safe and Be Well
Westy
Stay Safe and Be Healthy
Westy

Dave Shepard

Splitting that rock with feathers and wedges wouldn't take more than an hour. I've done a few so we could load them up and take them to be sawn into tile.

This one was too much for the SK150, so I split about a ton off the top.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

I think I know what you mean by feathers and wedges. There is a trick to it. Do you have to drill holes in so deep to get them started? I have many that I could use them on. Some I can kinda wigggle,they are still in the ground,but can't quite get them out on top of the ground. If I can get them out,I can roll them down hill to a better place.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

But, thecfarm, you will have all the holes to fill after you push the rocks off some where :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

I'm into a project right now that gives me plenty of dirt and more rocks too.The town ditched along side of the road many years ago and made quite a steep drop off from my field.I'm tired of trimming the steep part. I just about done with one section above the old farm house. I slope it back to the field so I can mow it.Lots of dirt to get rid of. I also have a spot not too far from the house that I dig to get dirt too. But that is filled with rocks too.  ;D I've just started on what we call the "New Piece" I'm digging out the rotten stumps and rocks. That is keeping me busy. I mowed it the other day and spent more time going mowing around the rocks and stumps than mowing the so called field.

woodmills1

the rock is staying  only gonna move it back alittle

dirt is done 150 buckets on the 416  so 1 yard at least each

new deal has the kobelco staying here for 2 more weeks

pics to come

woodmills1

started the backyard project
a road around my business cull de sac a few feet lowerso the conveyor on the processor isnt at such a steep angle
got started, but tonights rain will make no work tomorrow
pixs soon

woodmills1

some may remember that I bought an existing apple orchard that was old and the operator i found couln't make it go

now many of the older trees with the desired horizontals for apple have grown many untrimmed verticals

here are some shots of a very interesting one

don't get confused it is cut and now sideways

look for my winch line and the stump in the back ground

but man lloks like a harp or some stringed instrument

this is the wood from that tree except for the top log

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Really confusing, as the first and last pic don't jive. Appears the top pic is a cropped pic from the bottom one and is 90 deg rotated. Ground dirt is to the left.

Whassup? ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodmills1

sorry about that, forgot to rotate, it have fixed it now

the trunk is rotated in the picture

the short curve was the trunk vertical and the longer section was a horizontal large branch and the multiple branches were headed for the sky

the stump is just visible behind and to the left

Thank You Sponsors!