iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Texas Banks/Credit Unions

Started by DouginUtah, August 21, 2012, 07:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

My daughter called me today asking what I would do. She has just moved to Dallas/Frisco and wants to have a checking account. Her husband took his pay stub in and was allowed to open an account, but they would not allow my daughter, his wife, to be on the account. They want something that has her name on it like a bill or driver's license. She doesn't have a Texas driver's license and can't get one because she doesn't have anything with her name on it. Catch 22.

What does she need to do, Texans?
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Warbird

Obviously, she needs to immediately register for her concealed carry permit.  Then, and only then, will she be recognized as a full-fledged, red-blooded Texan.  I'm a Texan by birth, so I'm allowed to joke like this.  ;D

In all seriousness, if they won't allow her driver's license from a different State, then they are being silly.  Still, the ball is in her court to head on down to the DMV and get her Texas driver's license.

Warbird

Wait.  Just reread the last part of your post.  She doesn't have a State-issued ID at all?  From any State? How about her birth certificate?

Clam77

Some banks let you live in an area for a certain amount of time to get your name on things like an electric bill or mortgage statement - usually 60 days I think.  After that they're all business.

Definately be worth asking about.  In the mean time... looks like she gets an allowance..    :D
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

DouginUtah

Quote from: Warbird on August 21, 2012, 07:59:09 PM
Wait.  Just reread the last part of your post.  She doesn't have a State-issued ID at all?  From any State? How about her birth certificate?

She does have a Utah driver's license, but nothing that proves she lives in Frisco. Have you gotten a driver's license lately? Unbelievable how it has been tightened up. You have to prove you live there and she can't do that. Everything is in her husband's name--lease, utilities, etc.
-Doug

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

WmFritz

"Obviously, she needs to immediately register for her concealed carry permit. "

:D :) :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Woodwalker

Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

LOGDOG

Tell her to fly to Mexico, then walk to the border, swim the Rio Grande and walk to the nearest town on the Texas side. She should be golden.  ;D (Sorry...couldn't resist.)  ;)

DouginUtah

Thanks for the link, Woodwalker. On the application, no. 5 and 11 say she cannot get a license.  >:(
-Doug

---

Rocky_Ranger

I ran into this when I moved to Arizona - it is a Federal Law after 9/11 dealing with foreign nationals in this country to do harm.  I can tell ya the banks are all serious when it comes to "Da Man" paying attention to what the banks are up to.  Tried to get something Notarized lately?  Same DanG thing.
RETIRED!

Texas Ranger

Not to be a smart Alec Trebec, but, the ball is in her court to provide the documentation, it will take 90 days, i believe it said, and that should give her time to put together the documentation.  The bank may be a little obtuse in their logic.  One down here changed the $5000 or more money transfer to be reported to the feds to $3000, on their own. 

Change banks, go in together, show licenses together, take a bill from where they are renting, utility, what ever.  If worse comes to worse, talk to the DMV, they know their job.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

LOGDOG

In reality, I don't see what the hang up is. You don't have to be a resident of TX to bank in TX. She's got a Utah driver's license which should prove her Citizenship. If it were me, I'd ditch that bank. Go to a larger bank, maybe a National Bank. She could probably open an account online in about 5 minutes. If she/they did that, with a bank that has a National presence all they'd have to do is file a change of address service request form to their new address in TX.

If they bought their home, is she on the mortgage or deed? Or if they're renting, is she on the lease agreement? Homeowner's insurance policy, utilities....?

I could open a Pershing account for them both right now with no problems at all. (I'm licensed in TX...) Just as long as her DL is not expired, or if it is ... that she has another form of I.D. It's part of the "Know Your Customer" requirements.

ellmoe

Utilities will often add someone to an account and list their name. That might be a first step.

My son recently lost his driver's license and they would not give him a new one without two items showing his (my) home address. With him lacking address documentation the DMV said that I could come in with two such items. Since I use a PO Box I don't have much with my physical address, so I took in my home owner's policy and my driver license. They accepted my insurance policy, but rejected my DL! I asked why and they said because they issued my license. ::) I had to give them everything up to my DNA to renew the license that I had held since 1972 with them just a few months before. Now they wouldn't trust their own system! How I love dealing with the G'ment and their reg's.
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

tcsmpsi

Do they have a marriage license?  We have run into situations in which this has helped.  But, yes, the ins and outs of banking have changed significantly, as has establishing residency.

And, don't bother applying for a CHL, until you can get 'approved' identification.  One of the requirements is that a person be a "resident" of the State of Texas for at least six months prior to application.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!