iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pigroast 2008 Info thread and RSVP

Started by Jeff, June 21, 2008, 10:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

The Pig is done!

and the first samples are good, MMMM!
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

katie-did

The kids and I are sitting here druling and sobbing  :'( on the computer wishing we were there.

PT ended up being on call this week and could not get away. He worked yesterday  got called in about 8 then again about 10 and managed to get home about 6 this morning. I tried talking him into telling work were to go and heading out this morning but he just did not think that he could make it up there safely after being up for 24 hours  smiley_sleeping .

So hope everyone enjoyed lunch and eat some for us. food2
Tell Little Miss Stump Jumper and Ashely (if she made it) Hey from Taylor . Someone has to pick on Furby smiley_devil_trident a little extra for her too. Ok you better pick on him A LOT. teeter_totter

Wishing we were there but there is spirt! :(  :'(

Katie-Did, Taylor, Zack and Part-Timer ( zzzz_smiley from his dreams)

p.s. 2009 here we come. I will being the formals and flowers to go with Dodgy's Tux.
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

dundee

Thanks for the pics Jeff, thinking of you all up there, I want to know--the fella wearing a FF T shirt, are these for sale?, if so, how much $$ do I send and to who?-Luv it!!!

I did not know there were "chapters" within the FF family, what about the KIWI chapter? just wondering  ???

Richard

Tom

Wouldn't you know OWW would be standing there looking for what is "Left".  :D

That pig looks like it is "All Right" to me.  :D :D

I have it on good authority that the "left" hams are the tenderest.   Granddad would take me to Sunrise Grocery, where he was good friends with the butcher, and order a "left" ham.  This scenario would repeat its self every time he would go in.

"I've got some good looking "Right" hams", says the butcher.
"No, Gotta have a left ham, their the most tender.  Most pigs are right footed and scratch with that right foot.  The "right" hams get tough.  They just stand on the left foot and it lets the left ham be the most tender. "

Then there would be a lengthy conversation about wrapping it up and weighing it.  I, being knee high to a toad, would leave thinking that they were some might smart fellows.  :D 

tim1234

Yep, ear infection and possible strep.  Made the right call in staying home.  Sorry I missed ya'll.  enjoy yourselves and eat too much ;) We will really miss you this year.

Tim and Family
You buy a cheap tool twice...and then you're still stuck with a cheap tool!!
Husky 372XP, 455 Rancher, Echo CS300, Alaskan 30" Chainsaw Mill

SwampDonkey

Looks like some good viddles.  :) Here I am enduring all this rain.  ::) So far away from the Pig roast.  :-\

Have a good time all. 

Oh well, have to settle for blueberry parfait. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gary_C

Quote from: dundee on August 02, 2008, 02:44:37 PM
I want to know--the fella wearing a FF T shirt, are these for sale?

Are you talking about this guy that is always seen hanging around the food?   :D :D

You might have to move to Wisconsin and call yourself a Badger.    ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

dundee

Yep that's the fella, and I ain't movin Gary, very happy with our 3.9 million population, I still want a T shirt !!!

Richard
ps: Jeff is this a one off t shirt?

SwampDonkey

Jeff's too busy feeding the guy hanging around the food. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Dundee,

Look at the lower left side of the home page below the sponsor links for a link to the Forestry Forum Store.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

dundee

Thanks WDH, I did not notice the link

Jeff

Dundee, Burlkraft had these made up back when we sawed up that big Redwood. I'll see if he has one left. :)   

Things are starting to wind down this morning.  :)   Gotta get back outside. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

I sure missed going to the Piggy Roast this year. :'(  There was just no way for me to make it this time.

The event is always in three distinct phases;  There is Friday evening, when everybody is really pumped and excited about seeing all the old friends and new faces.  Then there is all day Saturday with wall to wall people and not nearly enough time to visit with everybody.  But Sunday morning has turned out to be my favorite time there, both times I've been able to attend.  It is quiet and calm, with just a few folks around, mostly long-time and very active Forumites.  That is the time when you can get in a real quality visit with someone you have admired for a long time.

I got a little blue this past Friday night, and was a touch bummed out all day yesterday, but I'm downright melancholy this morning.  I really wish I was there.  :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

I've never even been to one, DanG, and I'm still bummed out.  Ah well.  The folks who did make it look like they had a great time.  Guess we'll have to live vicariously through their experiences and plan on making it next year.

DanG

Yep, I'm already involved in talks with some folks down thisaway about planning next year's trip. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

Y'all wanna stop by and pick me up on the way?  Prolly only a *cough* few *cough* thousand miles outta yer way.  smiley_mad_crazy

dundee

Thanks for that Jeff, if you can get one from Burlkraft I would gratefull, let me know how$$, rather than sending dollars via the banking system I have a pal in New York than will settle for me in US$

Richard

dundee

Jeff, forgot to mention, my size is "L" large, not XXXLLL that I see you guys are built, too much piggy roasts  ;D

beenthere

dundee
That comment'll cost ya... ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dundee

Reddog

Here Pasbuild and I are waiting to take the,
Hey you are going to hit it picture.

Didn't happen Stumpjumper got it put in place.

Smokey looks happy here.  :D

Thanks everyone it was a fun time.
I have more pictures and just need to weed through them and upload.

RavioliKid

Wow!

What a great time! I'm so glad I could finally make one at the Jeff and Tammy Estate!

If I can figure out how to shake the pictures out of my camera, I'll post a couple.

Dad was very interested in the Rust Reaper sample, and he eyed up my Wood Mizer cap. He'll probably grab it before I have a real chance to break it in...

I left my orange directors chair behind. Oh, well...It could become the RavioliKid Hot Seat...

Thanks again to everyone for such a wonderful time - especially the hosts!
RavioliKid

Reddog

So Sat morning caught Pasbuild eating.

Then a few of the piggy being un-trussed.

Not sure what I did to OWW, but he was giving me the evil eye. :D

Here Pasbuild was asked to sign a couple pcs of fine work he made.
We told him he had to use his name not an X like normal.  :D

Dan Shade caught wearing one of the Smokey hats.

And from this morning, Poor Pigman after too little sleep and to much fun.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

WDH

Raviolikid,

I occupied the Hotseat chair this morning in your honor, so it was well used.  I really enjoyed meeting you!  You are a sweetheart.  Good luck in your educational endeavors, and let me know if I can ever aid you in any way.

BTW, that camper is so cool ;D.

Kevin_H,  those cinnamon laced pancakes with the maple syrup were simply outstanding, and I want to thank you for your generosity.  You have a wonderful family, and you cook good grits :D ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pigman

Quote from: isawlogs on August 01, 2008, 10:58:51 PM

Pigman , would you be so kind as to give a hug to that witche of yours for me , if any , that is one thing I will miss is giving it to her myself  :'( :-* :-* ( she can give you one back if you need one ..  ;D )  

Marcel, I have mixed emotions about not seeing you at the pig roast. I wanted to see you :'(, but I am not sure I wanted you to give my wife all those hugs you promised. >:( I will hug her for you instead. ;D We all Americans know how the French speaking men can sweep the ladies off their feet. :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!