iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tom and Jeff's walk on the green side.

Started by Jeff, January 04, 2003, 03:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tom and I went for a walk. I stepped on the wire while Tom stepped across. Man its wild over here. Seems all Gods creatures have thier heads stuck between trees. All these narrow minds stuck in great big fat heads. They walk around not understanding how wide thier heads are and WHAM. They get thier oversized melon stuck. What do you do?

Actually we been playing over at the enviro site at about.com

I will leave the link here. I warn you there are pop ups galore and they will ask you to register. You can find the link that says guest entry and use that to get in to read.

I don't plan on posting anymore, butcha never know.

I wrote Tom after his last post and said:

Bravo Mr Tom. I am so proud I could crap purple penguins.  You will have no effect on the person that the message this is pointed at but you certainly left an important  message for those that do have reasoning power higher than a cucumber. I applaud you.

Here is the link if you want to step across too  Be prepared for a long read,.I'll keep my foot on the wire till you get back across. ;)

Clearcutting: Good, Bad, or Ugly?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

Jeff, I resemble those last three words, but I will go to the site anyhow. ;D
Frank Pender

Paul_H

You both had good solid responses,but they seem to fall on deaf ears over there.Tom made a great point in that they would rather complain,than come up with solutions.

Extreme Green groups sell fear.No hope,only fear.

Moderation in all things!
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tillaway

You did good Tom.  Fortunately I think that way of thinking "Genna" is losing its appeal with almost everyone.  
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Tom

:Thank!

I hope it is losing its appeal.  I don't think I could stay in the room long with someone like that. How in the world do they go through life with blinders like that?

It's not that they are right or wrong but that they don't say anything. :-/

Tillaway

Tom,
You can not "win" any discussion with folks like that.  When pressed for solutions thay can't offer any because they really DonT have any depth of knowledge in any scientific or environmental fields.  Try asking one what is specifically is required for Northern Spotted Owls to nest, or what is deer browse and how would you go about creating more of it.

Near as I can tell,and I used to read allot of enviro trash, is that no matter what you do or how light on the land you are it is the fact that you are making a profit (money) from it that they dislike.  You are a villain for wanting to better yourself and family.  Basically they want to drag you down to thier level.  Look at every discussion with them and greed, profit and corporations are mentioned every time.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Texas Ranger

I went, I saw, I spoke, dumped on their front lawn, and wont be back.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

chet

It's tough to have an intelligent conversation  when only one side has any intelligence or common sense. ::)  But it was a good try guys.  ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

RMay

Way to go Tom it is about time tree farmers spoke up to groups like that .  8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Kevin_H.

Wow that was interesting.
Isn't funny how someone can type pages and pages and never really say or answer anything.
and then to have a comeback like, well you dress funny!

I hope that the someone who is sitting on the fence reads those threads and see's the effort that people like Tom, Jeff and Don put into the forest's.

Now I feel guilty for not planting any trees last year.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Minnesota_boy

Don't feel too guilty, I transplanted about 20 white spruce from the road ditch where they were about to be mowed off for us.  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

L. Wakefield

yes, that's what I did with some balm of Gilead- saved from certain death. Unfortunately, I hadn't brought wirecutters with me- don't think of them as standard tree-snitching tools- and the saplings were all among a downed section of fence. Balm-of-Gilead srputs from roots, so I had both wire and thick root sections to hack thru with a mattock- I coulda used wire-cutters and a saw to dull savagely in cutting those roots..lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Texas Ranger

I lied, I went back.  Probably banned for life.

Jeff

Yea, they sent me an invitiation to see that one . WOW :D

Tom

Good Show, Don.  

They get your ire up, don't they?

I wasn't going to go back either but they keep sending me this little message that the wacko answered me and I've got the curiosity of a six week old kitten.

They make you want to take a walk on the wild side with a baseball bat and a tennis racket.  Then after listening to their garbage and nonsense you want to swap for a shotgun and 50 cal. mach. gun.  Then they start some serious name-callin.....   Where's my tank?......   Where's my tank?...... >:( >:(

I can certainly understand,now, how their "peaceful" demonstrations always seem to get violent. :-/

Tom

So, that's how they do it.  They lose their cool, call everybody names, the hall monitor gets onto them and erases their messages and it looks like they have been all calm, cool and collected now.  hmmmm   They still don't show me much, I was there. :D

Bro. Noble

Jeff and Tom and Don and Ron,

I'm proud to know you guys.  I do think you did some good and opened some eyes.  The eco-freek-dude may not admit to learning anything, but at least he appears to realize that he has been overpowered in the smarts dept.  All in all I think you showed a lot of patience with the moron.  Don even cooled down and came back with a terrific conclusion.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

swampwhiteoak

You guys did a very reserved job trying to explain yourselves, it's too bad that there isn't much inbetween a certain Gennaman's ears.  Hopefully any resonable people reading that discussion will come out more educated.

Bro. Noble

I checked back over there to see if Gennaman ever came back.  There was a new post and I thought 'Oh Brother , that guy doesn't know when he's licked'.  I was surprised to find a new player-----one who you guys that have a key to the door might want to consider inviting over here.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

If I invited anybody from there to over here, I would do it by EMail. I sure wouldn't post an URL on that site.  

Could you imagine what this place would turn into if those nuts came over here spewing their noxious fumes and trying to pick a fight?

They wouldn't be over here trying to convert us, you know. They can't do that because they never say anything.  I don't welcome their general population.

Forester Frank

Now I gotta go check this out for myself! I will try to keep an open mind, so I don't get my head stuck.
Forester Frank

Don P

Hey, Franks back!
I saw that other fellow's post this morning...seems like a good guy. Guys like the loudmouth over there are sure a piece of work. Some folks were put here to be insightful...others seem to have misunderstood and are merely inciteful >:(.
Another forum I go to...went to..I ran into a jerk like that about a week ago. There was a calm, well spoken forester from England that got thrashed too and I haven't seen him back there either. They think they've "won" if you walk away in disgust I guess.

Phil

Maybe we're not giving those folks enough credit.  Maybe we really SHOULD consider ourselves on equal ground with all the little chipmunks and darters and dung beetles.  We could all hold hands and sing that Coca-Cola song ("I'd like to buy the world a Coke...") and all the environmental problems, as well as the political problems, would just solve themselves.  All I'm saying is give Joni Mitchell a chance.

Just kidding.

Y'all did good over there.  (Note to myself:  don't tick Don Staples off.)

Phil

Jeff

Don P we could always use a calm, well spoken forester from England on this forum. You should go invite him. Maybe we can get him to calm Staples down. ;)

Texas Ranger

I resemble that remark!  Actually, I was cold when all that happened, you sometimes neet to hit them in the head before they pay attention.  But this dude wont pay attention, and continues with the more or less racist view of Native Americans.  And is dirt dumb on clear cutting and timber management in general.   But like some one else posted, I post to these dudes for the lurkers, not for the poster.  You can never tell who may take a second look at some belief or the other and actually attempt to learn from it.

In other words, y'all are safe, I am a puddytat (a fat cat if I don't lose some a this Christmas and New Years party residue) when it comes to the web and folks that talk, and joke, with out taking offense to every little thing, who ask questions, who debate, and reasonably intelligent about it.  

Just lay off grandma. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!