iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

auto down, sometimes stops working

Started by Tom L, April 26, 2013, 08:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom L

have noticed this a few times, 6 months ago one day it would not work several times, shutting down the mill and restarting solved it.

this week milling after work every night it happened almost every night, pattern mode works , auto up , but auto down would not work a few times during a cutting session. shutting the mill off and restarting solves the problem.

what could it be, I heard that there was a certain software release that was supposed to fix this. or could there be another problem? I haven't done any investigation on my own yet.

mill is a lt40 super accusett 2   2012 mill

Magicman

You may get the answer here, but I would be calling WM.  Those guys are generally on top of any reoccurring problems.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom L

tech support says it may just be a lack of lube on the mast, and that would make sense this week because I did not spray down the rails and mast with trans fluid while using it in the yard. they called it an abort . the accuset goes into manual mode because the head is hesitating after a cut. and not knowing it's position

Magicman

It will not take long to confirm or eliminate this suggestion.  Here is hoping for the best.   ;)

I probably over-lube, but the spray bottle is handy so whenever I catch a moment to sweep sawdust, etc. I give the up/down rails a few squirts.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

Happens to me occasionally, even today.  On my mill this is caused by poor connection going into the rear of the Accuset.  I can fix it by removing and reinserting the orange Accuset screw in electrical plug on the back of the Accuset and retightening.  Then I turn the Accuset on and off to clear the electronic error and reboot the system, such as what you are doing.  I have also noticed its aggravated when I hit Auto Down when I am engaging the blade, or any drastic movement that causes the head to bounce about the same time I hit Auto Down.  One it happens a couple times I turn everything off, fiddle with the connector, and keep on sawing.
Give it a try, hopefully it might work for you.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!