iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2016 Paul Bunyon Show in Ohio. Who's going ?

Started by WV_hillbilly, September 06, 2016, 10:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Well it's almost that time of the year for the Paul Bunyon Forestry Show in Ohio on Oct 7-9 2016.

I was just wondering who is planning on attending this year ? It's a good time to meet up with fellow FF members and vendors  . I'm fortunate that its only 35 min to the west of me,  so just about in my back yard . I'm planning on being there on Saturday   
Hillbilly

WV Sawmiller

HBilly,

Where in Ohio is it being held? Details?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

williaty

jmouton

we will be there on sat too,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

williaty

We'll be going on Saturday as well. We're putting in a wood stove this year and I hope there'll be some vendors with some of the odds and ends we haven't bought yet like the hearth tools.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

For those who are interested in any thing concerning forestry this the place .Everything to can imagine from giant tub grinders to cross cut saws .Chippers that can swallow a 3 feet diameter tree in short order. Band saw mills,circle saw mills  chainsaw mills .Firewood processors   that can spit out bundled wood in one fell swoop .

I can't make it this year, too busy .Perhaps some day I can run in the Ohio championship hot saws once again. You just never know about these things . :)

Robert Owens

I am planning to be there Friday and Saturday. I really enjoyed it last year and learned a lot from Brian Bond in the classes he offered. I plan to take a couple of the classes this year as well. We will also be able to visit with our daughter since she is working on her PhD at Ohio State. I hope to meet some FF members while I am there.

thecfarm

Take the time and go!!! I have never been to the one in OH,  ;D but go to the one in Maine. I try to go both days. One to look at the logging equipment and one to look at the sawmills.
The 1000hp chipper is there each year. Really anything to do with wood is there and moving too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DR_Buck

Kitty &  I will be there the entire show hanging out at the Logrite booth.      Kitty may even have some FF hats available for the members that show up wanting to purchase one.....or more.  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

catalina

Im planning on going on Saturday. Think a couple buddies are going with me. Gene

Oliver05262

My wife and I will be there Friday. I've always wanted to go to this show but the school year calender kept my wife from getting time off. Now she's retired we have a little more freedom that way. Got a motel room reserved in Cambridge for Thursday night. We'll see the show on Friday and then go on to our daughter's in Grove City to visit them for a few days.        Depending on what the girls are planning on doing Saturday, I might get back for some of that day, too. Son-in-Law grew up in Cambridge, and his Mom still lives there. He might want to check up on her and then see the show in the afternoon??? Give my grandson something to talk about in school Monday, too.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

OH logger

so whos all makin the trip to cambridge ohio to watch the shootout? i know i'll be there saturday. hope they (we) get good weather :)
john

DR_Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

DbltreeBelgians

My wife just informed me that she was taking the day off of work to spend with me on my birthday Friday and we'll be at the show. This is gonna be a great birthday present. 8)
Looking forward to meeting fellow FF members

Brent

Jeff

Well, life has got in the way for me. I had my stuff in the truck already last night. I laid down about 9:00 and within 10 minutes was in severe pain in my lower left abdomen. Within an hour I was throwing up and in really bad pain. Had no idea what it was. Tried to walk tried to so what ever. 4 this morning I woke up Tammy and asked if my insurance was still in effect, she said yes, so I said I need to have you take me to the hospital. I have to think I am dieing before saying that so she knew I was serious.   Turns out to be a kidney stone and an infection among other things. My blood pressure was 235 over 105 when I got there from the pain. 

I'm home now, blood pressure at 130 over 75, heavily medicated waiting for the stone to pass. Sure was looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new, but I thank heavens that this happened a few hours before I was to leave, and not on the road.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DbltreeBelgians

Jeff, I sure hope you get feeling better real soon. I've missed the show for past 4 years being on the mend from my bout with colorectal cancer. I feel your pain buddy. Just get better and shoot for next year.
I've only ever met one FF member so I'm really looking forward to meeting some but not sure how I'll know one. I'll be wearing a green DblTree Belgians T-shirt so if any members spot me please speak up.
It's gonna be a good time with good weather Friday.

Brent

thecfarm

Not lucky you got them,but as you said lucky you was not at the show. That is too bad you are going to miss the show.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OH logger

where u from double tree belgians? just curious as there arent many of us on this forum from NW ohio ;) just got home a while ago. took autocar from here and my 7 year old son for the first time. we all had a ball ;D. he already told me when we were at the show that he HAS to come back next year again. auto car was well behaved too :D
john

williaty

We went today and it was both more and less than I hoped. Overall, it wasn't as helpful to us as we thought because it's so heavily geared towards production/commercial-scale wood processing and we're anything but. There were nearly no products that had any applicability to what we do. On the other hand, there was lots of safety equipment on hand so it enabled us to try a bunch of things on. My wife got full-wrap chaps that fit better than the ones we could get locally and I found a pair of gloves that actually fit (which is a miracle, I have HUGE hands). Sadly, the chainsaw cut-resistant boots couldn't fit my orthotic insoles, so I wasn't able to go home with a set. However, being able to try them all there saved me a heck of lot of money in shipping back and forth.

I'm honestly not sure if we'll go again. Without much equipment for the homestead-scale logger, there's not much to justify the trip out there. I guess maybe if we end up looking for PPE again we might go back.

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: OH logger on October 08, 2016, 07:57:45 PM
where u from double tree belgians? just curious as there arent many of us on this forum from NW ohio ;) just got home a while ago. took autocar from here and my 7 year old son for the first time. we all had a ball ;D. he already told me when we were at the show that he HAS to come back next year again. auto car was well behaved too :D

Rawson. About  half way between Findlay and Bluffton
My wife and I had a real good time. Got to meet members DR_Buck and Kitty. Real nice folks. Finally got me a Forestry Forum hat from them. Also picked up a bottle of Blue Creeper. I've heard great things about it so I figured it was time to try some out.
Already looking forward to next year's event.

Brent

shamusturbo

I wanted to keep the ball rolling and talk about what you guys thought of the show. I wanted to see the firewood shootout but I believe I missed the bigger models on Friday and instead saw the smaller class machines this morning at 10 AM. No big deal. Still very entertaining. And they still don't make 100% or even 75% "sellable" splits. I was impressed with a few vendors however. I thought Automated Biomass Systems had very competitively priced conveyors and a unique take on a tumbler "alternative". Both can be found on their website. We wanted to purchase their 32' conveyor with a few options on it which was priced close to $11k but someone beat us to it. After looking it over, I think it could be shopbuilt in a full weekend....We will see.....

I hate not seeing CRD at the show. I really like their machines and wanted to eyeball a new model just to see what they improved on. I also can't stand all the 2M Husky items for sale and a Stihl tent with 4 things in it. My head is too big for hats so that's 3 out of 4 Stihl options out of the question.....

The highlight was meeting OH Logger. We covered a chapter book worth of information in about 15 minutes time. I'm glad I am not the only one with a firewood sickness.... 

My brother, dad and I did 2 laps around the whole show and watched every machine in the firewood shootout. Very very cool stuff. Very big payments too.

I have a dozen or so pictures from the show to download off my phone onto the site. Mostly shiny new equipment. I took a lot of pictures on design of some of the firewood equipment too. I'm sure the manufacturers and vendors aren't too happy but I should have been an engineer for sure, not a weld inspector....

Toss out what you liked and didn't like about the show. I know it has one more day to go but report back!
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

shamusturbo

**My good friend works for John Deere and we like CAT's so we poke the bear with some of the pictures.....

Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

shamusturbo

The first panoramic sorta stinks.
Was researching other kinetic splitters. Ours takes a handful of hardware to keep moving every 6 months or so....
Dream truck at the end (in black of course) but the graphics are AWESOME! 

Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

thecfarm

The skid steer picture.  :D
shamusturbo,looks like you will have to wait until the Maine show to see CRD.  ;D
But I noticed that about the show in Maine. When I first started,lots of stuff for the small guy. I was looking at OWB and that made my mind up at the show. Last time there was only 2 OWB there. Everything is getting big and bigger now. They have forgot about the middle size guy.

Thank You Sponsors!