iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting job

Started by captain_crunch, June 04, 2011, 01:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

Fellow is bringing 3 Black walnut logs to have me saw on the Old Belsaw. He bought the Oak I had cut and never dreamed a Circle mill would cut as well mine does :P :P Quite an atta boy fer me and old mill beings he is a furniture builder
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Jasperfield

People like good results and they like dealing with persons they feel good about.

He's coming back more for the sawyer (and your service) than he is for the mill, even though the mill is tuned to a Tee.

sandhills

Good job, bet that brought a smile to your face.  :)

Magicman

Thanks for sharing your Atta Boy.  They make everyone smile.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

if you treat every customer like he is your only customer you will have more than you can saw for.  good job cappy.

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

thecfarm

He will-has told others.  ;D Keep that saw singing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Big sawmills are intimidating to most folks, they are hesitant to approach with a few logs.If a fella wants me to cut his logs I sit down and talk to him so we boath know what to expect,they usally come back. You done good Cappy Crunch. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

captain_crunch

Will have some pics but my 100.00 camera went south so all I will have is stickered wood But walnut saws like butter 8) 8) 3 cuts saw did not reach thru 18" learned a bit about grain cuts what you fellers call 1/4 sawn is what we call vertical grain cut was a learning experiance. Tony is a cabnit maker so he is picky some boards were 5 quarter some were 2 1/2 " Different world fer a wood butcher ::) ::) ::)
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

DouginUtah

Quote from: captain_crunch on June 06, 2011, 11:55:04 PM
...what you fellers call 1/4 sawn is what we call vertical grain...

Yes, 1/4 sawn is hardwood terminology; vertical grain is softwood terminology.  ;D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

captain_crunch

If all goes well here is pic of the walnut

Thank You Sponsors!