iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

664 brake question

Started by cutter88, November 09, 2012, 08:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

hi just bought a 664 could someone explain to me the brakes r in there own housing on my machine and the seal on the out put shaft is leaking oil... is that oild supplyed from the tranyy and whinch or is it its own sealed unit with seprate oil?
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

graves logging

Looks like we have the same prob

oldseabee

The midmount brake is a self contained unit filled with Dexron II. Has a clutch pack that acts like a brake, the master cylinder activates 3 pistons internally at the front of the housing that compress the disc pack. The housing is filled through the breather hose. The rear seal can be replaced, but if the master cylinder keeps useing oil then it can be leaking past the piston seals internally and over filling the housing. If the brake has been run dry the discs may have been destroyed and wil have to be replaced. There is a bleed screw under the seat plate for the brake unit and additional bleeders on the front of the housing itself.

cutter88

Thanks, I'll top it up with dextrin 2 threw that breather hose it's leaking from the York seal on the front side of that clutch pack is it normal that oil should be coming out there if that seals screwed.... Or does that mean those slave cylinders r leaking interaly as well
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

oldseabee

If the actuator piston seals are leaking, the housing will overfill and can force oil past the seal, at the same time you will be adding oil to the master cylinder to compensate for the leakage. Most likely the seal is bad and should be replaced. Check for worn bearings, worn spline on the yoke, a groove worn in the sealing area of the yoke, either can cause the seal to fail. There should be an O ring under the retaining nut and washer, check for failure and replace it whe replacing the seal.

cutter88

ok thanks for te info now were do i top the master cylender up were is it located on the machine
Romans 10 vs 9 

oldseabee

Just follow the linkage from the brake pedal and it will take you there.

tlandrum

my f666g clark just started having extreme brake issues.i have owned it for 3 yrs and the pedal hasalways bled off after holding the brake for a half minute or so. but i have never had to add fluid to the master cylinder. yesterday it started dropping to the floor as fast as you could push it down but sill didnt need fluid. i rebuilt the master cylinder tonight and am going to re install it tommorrow. i hope all it was ,was a bad cup or something. i didnt see anything bad when i pulled it apart.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

cutter88

were is the master cyclender located on ur machine
Romans 10 vs 9 

tlandrum

master cylinder is located on the firewall right behind where the pedal is. i put the master cylinder back on this morning and it works great now. i have owned this thing for yrs and its just got its first brakes lol
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Thank You Sponsors!