iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pumpkin

Started by coxy, November 06, 2016, 05:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

just cut up a 15lb pumpkin for pancakes for hunting season the next pumpkin is 40lb that will go for pies and bread  what do some of you use it for

WV Sawmiller

Don't know how to make it but I sure like the taste of good pumpkin soup.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

coxy

never even heard of it

tule peak timber

We grow pumpkin for the seeds only. This variety,  Kaki , has hulless seeds that are both delicious and healthy for all sorts of cooking . This pic is of today's cleaning and in the oven to dry. We use them year round after freezing. Cheers  Rob

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

21incher

I have about 75 sugar pie pumpkins in my root cellar. They are all less then 5 lbs and we use them for pies, pancakes,  and cakes like you. I never knew those big pumpkins were good for anything but seeds. Next year my wife wants me to plant cheese pumpkins that have a cheddar flavor.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

we have always used the big ones  have you ever used a white pumpkin for anything

Thank You Sponsors!