iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Merged Plastic rat-shot

Started by Jasperfield, November 07, 2008, 09:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasperfield

Is there such a thing? Plastic beaded shot for mice or small rats...No, not regular shot to shoot at plastic rats, but plastic shot.

I need something I can use in a building or home that won't blow a hole in the floor or walls.

And, probably don't need belt-fed ammo.

Thanks,

Jasperfield

Jasperfield

Is there such a thing as plastic-shot for rats/mice. something pistol or sawed-off based that won't tear up walls or flooring?

Jasperfield

Sprucegum

I remember something about Sprucebunny shooting squirrels in her laundry room  :o  :D
Pretty sure it was plastic bird shot?

beenthere

jasperfield
Found plastic shot sold by Federal. I'm not familiar with it's power.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=55750

I'm familiar with bird shot and shot shell in .22 calibre size. I find the shot shell (by CCI) is weaker than the bird shot (by Federal), so might be that the shot shell would be better indoors. Think they are both lead, not plastic.

At 20 yards, the bird shot will dent wood (when picking off the sparrows on the blue-bird house  ;D )

What gun are you wanting to shoot this in?

Another option for indoors or in a building might be popcorn (unpopped) in a shotgun shell (dump the lead or steel shot, and replace with the popcorn). Works well to motivate stray dogs and cats from the premises. Mostly makes a bang.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Radar67

Beenthere's idea about the shot shell works with table salt inside. Be careful opening the crimp in the shot shell though. Now the disclaimer, it works, but is loud and you need to clean the barrel after every use to keep it from rusting the inside of the barrel.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Quote from: beenthere on November 07, 2008, 10:58:15 PM

Another option for indoors or in a building might be popcorn (unpopped) in a shotgun shell (dump the lead or steel shot, and replace with the popcorn).

How does the popcorn taste after it is shot from a gun?   ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Maineloggerkid

I believe it is CCI that makes a shot shell to go into a 22.LR. It has a very small amount of lead shot, and it is low velocity. It was designed for killing rats and mice indoors. I have used it outside, to create a new challenge of getting close to kill squirrels, and it does surprisingly well.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

sprucebunny

;D The shot I have is teeny-tiny steel .... mouse-shot for .22LR. I'm sure they make other calibers.

What ya gonna hunt ???

I had mice running across the room under the TV recently but my TinCat caught them before I had to set up a range  :D

Yes, CCI makes it. Blue plastic tip on the bullets.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Woodwalker

Quote from: Gary_C on November 08, 2008, 01:26:16 AM
Quote from: beenthere on November 07, 2008, 10:58:15 PM

Another option for indoors or in a building might be popcorn (unpopped) in a shotgun shell (dump the lead or steel shot, and replace with the popcorn).

How does the popcorn taste after it is shot from a gun?   ;D

Does that make it a "Pop Gun" ?
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

rebocardo

They do sell plastic shotgun ammo for air guns that might be more in line for what you want, low fps (like 500) with deformable plastic and a 2" spread at 25 feet. I just do not have the catalog handy, they do sell it though.

Thank You Sponsors!