iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Problem Coyotes

Started by woodtick#2, March 06, 2011, 10:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypressstump

On my Elk hunts, we'd hang an used undershirt out near the hanging quarters while packing out other meat loads. Hang the shirt on a stick w/string fashioned like a coat hanger to where the shirt would hang and move with any wind, and very visible near the hanging bagged meat. Worked well.

I really don't like coyotes. People around here claim to soak squares of cut cleaning sponges with bacon grease and toss them around their property. Apparently the sponge clogs them up. I would not wish that slow death to any living thing, and find that measure extremely appalling, as much as I dislike the yotes, I disagree with that tactic
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

shinnlinger

A neighbors old cow gored a coyote 15 years ago and it  limped off and told his friends and my neighbor swears there has not been a coyote on her property since.  Moral of the story is shoot to wound if you believe that one....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Cypressstump

Out in New Mexico there were coyote hunting tourments, 2 man teams, most dead dogs win. I attended several of them. They were usually held in areas with high populations and places were too much cattle had been affected. The ranchers would contact the tourny directors and open thier land for the 2 day hunts. Never had any careless people nor unfavorable issues from the ranchers, they welcomed us with open arms, and some times feed us up purdy good too !

I've made and witnessed fatal shots out at several hundred yards, in a few cases the shot yote was attacked by the other couple yotes with him. The attackers would flat tear into the wounded/dead dog, on those rare occasions. Usually after impact, the report would send them off scooting.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Thank You Sponsors!