iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Success on my first "mobile job"

Started by DWyatt, June 03, 2018, 10:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWyatt

So it may not be what you all think, but this weekend I picked up a 1999 Woodmizer LT40 Hydraulic and it made it home in one piece! The mill had been stationary for the last 11 years so it was a nerve wracking experience for the entire 70 miles! Sorry no pictures, drywallers coming to start hanging board tomorrow at the house I'm building so it got put in the barn and I scrambled to make sure everything was ready for them. I will get some uploaded in the next couple day, since I know you all don't believe a word unless there's pictures :D

I'm excited to finally be able to say I'm ready to be painted ORANGE! 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D 

SawyerTed

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

CX3

I bought a mill once and blew a tire before I could get home with it. So you are way ahead of me lol
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

tacks Y

Congrats, When I buy a new to me toy as long as I am happy that's what matters. Enjoy your new toy.

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats, looking forward to some pics
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Dad2FourWI

Congrats!!!

We are looking forward to pics!

Mine sat for a long time too... and it needed some TLC to bring her back into running form... so you may have a bit of work ahead of you but we enjoy working on the mill too. It feels good to see her working better and better each time we do maintenance!

Cheers!!!   8)
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

DWyatt

As promised! She is all tucked away in the barn for now, gotta get the house done before I can play too much. Don't mind the mess ::) Until then I get to do a little reading through the novel of a manual :P :P

Magicman

Congrats, that "manual reading"   :P  will pay big dividends.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crossroads

Congratulations, glad your trip home was uneventful 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

timbour

Congratulations on the new mill and enjoy the restoration process!

jbjbuild

Congrats! As a new mill owner, I can tell you it will become addictive real fast!
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

Dad2FourWI

It looks very happy in its new home!!!!  :)

Yes, there is a learning curve.... moving from a very small manual mill to the LT40 had me a bit intimidated... but it was very nice and patient words from the gang here that gave me the push I needed!

Now we are looking forward to seeing the first dust you create!

Good Job!

DWyatt

I have taken every spare minute in the last week to read through the manuals the first time and I made a list of parts to order from Woodmizer so I can start my maintenance. The mill is in great overall shape, it was only used a couple times a week to cut reclaimed timbers. In that operation for the last 11 years it never saw weather and was never towed down the road which seemed to be true since the paint is still mostly orange.

One thing is for sure, this thing has A LOT more parts to maintain than the manual mill I'm used to! smiley_whacko

Dad2FourWI

LOL!!!

Yeah..... actually, it frightened me just thinking about using it! 

Sounds like you are going about it the correct way... getting to know the machine by doing the maintenance is a great way to "make friends" with your new mill!  :D

Cheers!

Thank You Sponsors!