iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing Rocks!

Started by jander3, June 11, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jander3

Matt at TimberKing recovered my  sawmill that was stolen 3 years ago.  He politely inquired on an online blade order that looked a little fishy.    The customer provided the serial number, the billing, and shipping address.  Matt shipped out the blades, then called me.  He sent me the info, I contacted an investigator at the sheriff's office and, wha-la, they recovered my mill.  I checked it out; it was well cared for; I paid the recovery costs to get it back.

Because of the time elapsed, they Sheriff cannot prosecute.  They did track it back to a local  meth-head who deals in stolen property, then back to a fella on the reservation that makes his living ripping off others.  I politely asked the investigator for the name and address of the reservation fella; for some reason he would not part with the info. Probably a good thing!

Anyway, thanks TimberKing!   My mill is back, set up, and ready to cut timbers for my next framing class.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations and well done to TK. 

I am surprised the law can't prosecute at this stage. Sounds like an awful short statute of limitations for what has to be a felony/grand theft larceny. I can understand the police not wanting to give out the man's info (I bet they would really love to provide it) to help keep you out of trouble. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

submarinesailor

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

DPatton

8) That's great that you were able to recover a well cared for mill. Matt did you good to take a personal interest and go the extra mile for you. He has always been there for me when I need something too.

It's unfortunate that the areas local sheriff office isn't willing to follow through and take action. :( Sounds to me like the statute of limitations is on the side of the criminal there, or more likely he just doesn't want to deal with it. Not sure I would be as willing to let bygones be bygones as you seem to be. Anyway I'm happy for you and your mill to be reunited.

If I may ask, what theft precautions if any were in place when it was stolen ??? ??? ??? and what theft precautions are you going to take now ??? ??? ????

Again congratulations on recovering it.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

sawmilllawyer

Great news Jander. Matt played the part to a T. Best thing I have heard of today. 8)
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

samandothers

Darrel

A story with a good ending is always nice. I'm glad for you. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!