iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lemonade out of Lemons

Started by Downstream, February 04, 2019, 09:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

I had this log from a previous sawing disaster where I hit metal in all four of my cuts.  The only one I was able to complete was the initial cut.  You can see in the photo cuts 2 thru 4 before I called it quits and rolled it off the mill.  It just so happened that the flat was at a perfect bench height.  I rolled it into a nice little space under some big pines next to my driveway since that was down hill from the mill.  Today I took advantage of the spring like weather and grabbed another edge cut piece I had sitting in the burn pile and cut a couple of pockets in the back.  I drilled two 2" holes into the back edge of the log.  Next grabbed a couple of 3" limbs from another pile and used my draw knife to whittle then down to fit in the holes I drilled.  Now I have a nice rustic bench that will live it's life out under the shady pines.  I put edge cut pieces along the 4 bottom front/back to keep it and me from rolling down the hill into a ravine.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

opticsguy

You have made very excellent lemonade!!    
Very well designed, artistic and one side has a little more comfort with the kerfs adding a touch of softness.  
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Onthesauk

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Old Greenhorn

Looks great, what kind of finish did you put on it? As they used to say in the Hockey world "KICK SAVE! and a BEAUTY!"
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Downstream

Never thought about the extra cushion from the springiness of the cantilever cuts.  probably takes more weight than i could apply thank goodness.  might have to think about marketing that in the future. :D

I use timber oil(natural color) to finish most of my outdoor stuff.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Thank You Sponsors!