iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I was thinking about you guys with your gumbo while I was eating my lobster last night. :)

Good luck Paul and recover quickly.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Greyman

Back to the reclaimed flooring...  I was watching a log building show, forget which one, but they used a wire brush machine to clean up boards like that.  It looked just like a sander from the outside, they didn't show the insides.  I guess it's just a wire brush cylinder in place of the sander drum.  They ran it thru a planer after that.

fishfighter

I did rig up a brass wire wheel on my RAS to clean out the T&G. After doing that, I got tired and stopped. From there, I just used a chisel to clean out the T&G as I installed the boards. Was much easy.

Magicman

Paul, I know that you are off to get your new Heart Appliance today.  Just know that my Prayers are with you during the procedure and your recovery.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

Paul, just stopping by to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Hey thanks guys. Surgery went good. Doctor stuffed this one real deep.  I am hurting, but all good.

Magicman

Thank You my Friend for that encouraging report.  Now follow the Doctor (and your Wife's) orders and get yourself properly recovered before you tackle what you ain't 'posed to tackle.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

DanG Lynn, you sound like my wife. :D With all this time just to sit around, more new projects keep popping in my mind. Not good. :D

thecfarm

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 25, 2018, 04:50:46 AM
I was thinking about you guys with your gumbo while I was eating my lobster last night. :)

:D    :D

Good luck to ya.

I don't see why some foods from away has to start with g.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

Not far away @thecfarm.  I just called your Hannafords store over in Farmington.
She said they are in the cereal aisle over near the oatmeal.  
musteat_1 musteat_1 sketti_1 sketti_1 food6 food6  :) :)

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

fishfighter

You know that us southern folks love our grits. 8) 

terrifictimbersllc

And I am glad you are willing to share them with us!   8) 8)

Here we have (from 12 o'clock), biscuit, bacon, a little egg, grits, CHEESY grits, sausage, and biscuit again.  

Southern hospitality from Birmingham Alabama cooks at a volunteer project I worked on. 

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

WDH

Take the biscuit and open it up.  Then add some maple syrup, slather it on both sides of the biscuit (the maple syrup needs to come from GAB or Maple Flats or Chuck White or another FF member), add the sausage to make a sausage maple syrup biscuit, you can even add some bacon.  Mix the grits and eggs thoroughly, and have at it.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

An alert has been put out on the Kittery Border. Any and all clerks and personal and management are instructed to say that any and all the stores has grits. This way no grits will tried to be sneaked through the bridge at Kittery. But just in case all personal and guards and all checkpoints has been notified of a threat against my Maine border. Over head drones are been deployed and all canine grit dogs are being used and in place as I type this alarming post. If needed helicopters and planes and troops are on standby. The Coast Guard is on patrol just in case a threat in made on the Maine Coast. Looks like some of our Boys and Women will be enjoying New Years Eve on grit Patrol. Prison cells have been prepared to house any law breakers during this trying time. jl
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

I know that you must hate all these foreign invaders like grits and EAB. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

If only EAB was as easy to annihilate as grits. :(

WDH

Ray,

You are in real trouble.  Grits are insidious.  Inexorable. 

thecfarm

yes,grits are all of those big words and then some. But my crusade and campaign is never ending.

Magicman

Do you need a reminder??  :D

Darrel

Y'all can just go ahead and send some all of those grits y'all don't want to Sprague River. 
1992 LT40HD

thecfarm

That is a lifetime supply for the state of Maine.  :D 

fishfighter

If only we could keep our crawfish like our grits, we would be good. But no, crawfish are selling at $4 a pound live right now. >:(

Briankinley2004

at $4 a pound I guess I will stick to shrimp and grits or grits and grillades until I can afford crawfish & grits. I think these 80 count shrimp are $2 a lb now

schakey

If Maine doesn't want the grits just send all to me in Ohio.
Take care fishfighter get well real soon.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Thank You Sponsors!