iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Quote from: schakey on January 01, 2019, 06:42:04 AM
If Maine doesn't want the grits just send all to me in Ohio.
Take care fishfighter get well real soon.
Wait just a little minute here!
I've already got dibs on all unwanted grits!
See post 870
;D 8) :)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

That box of grits is used in any and all of my training courses to be used as a visual aid. It gets passed around for all to see and feel. Than locked away in a bioharzard red lockable steel closet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Darrel

I'm joining you Paul in the land of resting up and recovery.  My feet skidded out of control on ice whilst playing with my dog. Down I went and broke 3 ribs (one of them in 3 places). 2019 will get better!
1992 LT40HD

Iwawoodwork

Darrel, would be nice to level out that hillside you live on,  imagine it gets pretty slick when packed and frozen.

Darrel

Level might help but what would help even more would be for me to figure out that I should not participate in rough and tumble play when it is so obvious that I'm the underdog.  :D :P ;D
1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Dam Darrel, better stay out for under your dog. ;D  Hope you heal up fast.

Myself, doing good. 8) Did get out for a good walk yesterday. Been raining here the better part of the day. Flash flood watch till Friday morning. :(

fishfighter

One week later, I'm a kicking. ;D Still hurt a little, but nothing I can't handle. Still have a bunch of swelling, but as of today it looks 100% better.

Warning, kind of nasty. Don't look or let me know and I will take the picture out.

They shaved my chest and now I could take a steel brush to it. ;D

Magicman

Actually since you are up and kicking, I think that is looks very good.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Doesn't look near as grizzly as pics of Lynn's feet.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Darrel

That surgical wound looks to be healing nicely. 
1992 LT40HD

samandothers

Dang Darrel hope you heal quick.  You can't run with the big dogs like you use to! :)

Fish, glad you are healing!

fishfighter

I did do a short walkabout hunt yesterday in the back 40. First time this hunting season to step in the woods. :( Armed with only a .45 pistol. Not able to shoot a long gun. Saw one big pig and one doe. Both to far to shoot. Might try again later today. ;D

fishfighter

Sunday was just so nice outside, I had to just do something. ;D So, the base boards that are in the front bedroom, I took them outside and varnished them up. Got a lite sun burn on the top of my head, but felt good. :D Going to install them in place today. Got to love air guns. 8)

fishfighter

Another warm sunny day that hit 75F. Knew it was to come. There was no way I was just going to sit inside the house on a day like today.

So, I played a little and found what I was looking for towards some shoe molding. ;D

First, a pair of saw horses, a board, screwed down to the horses. Using a 1/4" round router bit, I had just made a pass.

Once passed with the router, I put the board to the table saw.

Had to watch on how much weight I was dealing with with my left arm. All good. The boards I used were 7/8" thick oak. Same as the base boards.

Once I finished, I had passed a sander on them very lite.

Profile 7/8" high by 5/8" thick. Has a very small off set at the top. Should be no problem making and matching this shoe molding in the future. ;D Not to good of a picture. Will get some once I install.

Magicman

Looking good Paul.  thumbs-up

When I was doing the work on my Cabin, I found that it really didn't matter (to me anyway) about the molding profiles as long as everything in the room was the same.  Next room may be different but you can't see both of them at the same time anyway.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Cool day, little wind and a lot of sun shine. Had to do something. ;D Need a door for the front bedroom closet. Big sucker, 38 1/2"x 82 1/2". Is a sliding door and just about got it done.

One problem. It's way to heavy for me to lift it by myself. ;D Will get some help tomorrow. Still have two more of these to build.

Magicman

You are becoming a real "door whisperer".  Guess that rain will get to you tomorrow evening/night.  Ours will be Saturday.

sawmilllawyer

Always impressed with your work ethic and especially your drive to keep on keeping on. Oh! the closet door and shoe moulding both look great. Good to see you are still going like the energizer bunny rabbit. 8)
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Magicman

I think that he plugs up and recharges at night so that he can run all day. 

Weekend_Sawyer

Glad you are up and about.
You can't keep a good man down!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

fishfighter

Thanks guys. I really think and feel that the new package I got has gave me my spunk. ;D Even the wife thinks so. :D

Magicman

Hey now, we were talking about your git-up-and-go.  Your spunk is between you and your wife.  :D    

samandothers

Glad to hear it is going well!  Door looks great!  How did you join the rail and stiles?

fishfighter

Look real close at the ends.

Finished and varnish out.

fishfighter

Good Lord it has been cold and windy. :( DanG shame it is hard on me when it is hot and cold. >:(

Anyway, yesterday I did a little iron work building the tracking system for that closet door. Today with the help of my wife, I got that door hung. Very happy how it came out. ;D

Have a little touch up painting to do. Also, I will be doing a live edge board to cover the cross tracking like I did the bathroom.

I also got the base boards down, but ran out of time to install the shoe molding. Got tired. :(

Thank You Sponsors!