iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw mills

Started by jimparamedic, September 29, 2018, 09:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimparamedic

Lets see your Belsaws. I have an M14 with a 50 inch blade powered by a very old Briggs 14 horse

jimparamedic

bandmiller2

Jim, I'm having a hard time wrapping my old mind around a 50" saw driven with a 14 hp gasoline engine. I run a 48" saw with a 90 hp diesel and sometimes want more power. Please tell us more, must be slow feed. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

BUGGUTZ

I was wondering myself. I have a 40" blade with a 150hp Chevy V8 that doesnt like big hardwood. I will try to get my pics up here.
Everyone has to be somewhere.

Southside

Maybe I've gotten old but that bare blade out there scares the water out of me.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

jimparamedic

Yes 14hr but i only cut with 24 teeth and it saws very well right at 3" per revolution i was amazed when i tried it. I know its a different beast but i have an old American sawmill with a 20' carriage and it was designed to run with minimum of a 12hr hit and miss.

moodnacreek

Quote from: jimparamedic on October 02, 2018, 10:15:55 PM
Yes 14hr but i only cut with 24 teeth and it saws very well right at 3" per revolution i was amazed when i tried it. I know its a different beast but i have an old American sawmill with a 20' carriage and it was designed to run with minimum of a 12hr hit and miss.
This is hard to believe. My first sawmill had a B 125 A/C @ 25hp and would barely cut 14" of aspen with 1" feed and 32 teeth.

moodnacreek

Quote from: BUGGUTZ on September 30, 2018, 09:43:52 PM
I was wondering myself. I have a 40" blade with a 150hp Chevy V8 that doesnt like big hardwood. I will try to get my pics up here.

Thank You Sponsors!