iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Tour and Open House

Started by dewwood, April 01, 2007, 01:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewwood

Our local Extension Agent from Purdue University Extension Service has asked me to host an open house and tour as part of their adult education programs.  It is part of a series of meetings they offer to anyone interested in woodlot management.  I am going to talk about some guidelines for bucking and sawing in order to achieve the best lumber from a log.  I will also include a demonstration on milling a log on my Wood-Mizer.

There will be some door prizes and handouts courtesy of Wood-mizer, Logrite and Powers Hardwoods.  There will also be refreshments(Marcia's homemade cookies) and a time to BS or to answer questions. 

It will be held at our facility located at:

Powers Hardwoods
8090 E 40 S
Angola, IN 46703

The start time is 1:30 PM on April 14th 2007.

It is a free public meeting.  Anyone from The Forestry Forum that would like to attend is welcome!

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

sawguy21

I sure would join you if I could.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

OneWithWood

Have fun Dewey.  I did something similar a year and a half ago and will be doing it again this fall.  We scheduled th sawing demo last and I was amazed at how many folks stuck around for the demo.

and I did not have any of Marcia's homemade cookies to bribe them with  :)

Wish I could break away to be there but alas it is not to be.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

edward johnson

how often do you do these demos?  I'd like to attend one.

Thank You Sponsors!