iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to me a Metavic log loader.....how to load it ????

Started by roger 4400, August 07, 2017, 09:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger 4400

Maybe it look strange to ask but I have a 1150m14 log loader, the bed is 11 ft long and need to load some 16 footers those are hemlock and one must be near 2000 pounds , is it safe to load such a log ???? do I need to put some smaller logs  in the bed first to make some weight on the trailer or it is safer to load the big one first while the trailer is empty to avoid flipping to the side .... I'll be using my new toy for the first time...thank you for your advise.  Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

lopet

Try to pick up as close to the trailer as you can. Or try try to sneak one end in between the stakes and then lift the other end. It may take a bit of time, but better safe than sorry.  Once you've done it  a few times you will become a pro. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

roger 4400

And I can take out  the side posts to roll it in .......never use that trailer and even if the side legs are down I'm sure if I take a big log when I'm over the side posts any fast movement could make the trailer to flip I,ll keep a low idle on the tractor to avoid any fast movement I could do, I do not know if I would be fast enough to open the clam to let the log to fall.....all those joystick handles are not natural  for me ....later on I'm sure but not now :D :D Thanks for your advise

Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Thank You Sponsors!