iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF aholics stand up, be counted!!

Started by Buzz-sawyer, January 31, 2005, 06:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

My favorite new feature is the ability to scrounge up facts on the members section ...I have noticed a few here post a LOT  (75 members 400-10000 posts)
and a LOT post a little (!1500)) members 0-10 posts)
Intersting to see the level of addiction and those who take a more slow and metered approach to posting 900 have 0 posts

App 1500 of our members have posted 0-10 times

three hundred members...10-50 posts.
(MORE THAN A LITTLE INTERESTED)

two hundred and fifty members...50-200 posts.
(Designation "GOT A HABIT)

two hundred twenty five ....200 -10000 posts
(Designation "THE FIRST STEP IS ADMITING YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION"))

SOOOO how does your posting habit compare?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Ianab

I can give up any time I want to... Honest.  ;)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

tnlogger

mmmmm let me think on that  ;D if i had joined 6mnths ago when i started lurking in here ::) but i didn't IMO was to busy reading all them back posts.
this place is like going back to the old homestead (gives ya that real warm feeling deep inside every time you return)
yup i'm addicted  :) gene
gene

Paschale

Well...if you went through withdrawal when the FF was down recently, and went to other forums as a poor substitute to hopefully get your fix, but to no avail, and if you were sorta grumpy this past weekend, and you know far too much about people's take on grits....well...would that mean you're addicted?   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

sprucebunny

I admit it ;D

But no other spot on the web helps at all....
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Kirk_Allen

Addicted?  Lets see?

When I thought it was back up and running and then got stopped by that silly pop-up login screen I had minor shakes.  At first I thought it was something silly that I would figure out with no problem.  NOT

My next action was to email LOTS of folks to see if they had the same problem.  Turns out I got the same question sent to me about the same time from LOTS of folks.  

Then seeing Jeffs message about the GEEK who screwed up the pointer thingy jobbber I went into a state of depression and withdrawl.  

So, Yes I am addicted and I KNOW a few folks who emailed me that are as well so dont try to hide it.  Recognizing the addiction is the first step towards recovery ;D

WAIT A MINUTE:  I dont want to recover ;D  I function just fine the way I am. ;D

Pete J

jerry-m

Well I guess I be one of those labled as just a little interested, but that ain't True at all,...  Heck I check in almost every day and most days 2,3 & more times each day... Keeping up with all you guys is almost a full time job :D :D :D  

Yea I know I don't post much, maybe thats because I don't know much ??? Well what ever, I really do appreciate every last one of you guys and girls on here... Guess I will try to post more often in the future...  Well maybe, Hate to post just for numbers :-\

Jerry
Jerry

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Teri

I'm on here every day reading.  :P :P

Sure am glad its back. It was soooo boring and am especially glad that dad (deadheader) wasn't here. He would have been climbing the walls and drivin me nuts!  :D  :D

J_T

Jim Holloway

Jeff

Quote from: J_T on January 31, 2005, 07:52:41 PM
Nooo Nottt Meeee :D :D

Don't believe a word of it. I was on da phone with J_T today and he had the FF DDT's real real bad.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buzz-sawyer

Jerry=m
You miss read me..it said...........(MORE THAN A LITTLE INTERESTED)
That means you HAVE shown STRONG tendencies of FF aholism :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Frickman

I can't really say I'm an addict, I can go a few days or a week without the FF. But anytime I'm by a computer, this is the first place I come. Maybe that's the first sign of addiction, and I just don't realize I'm hooked.  :)
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Furby

Who me ???
Nope, not at all!!!!  ;D ;)

Frank_Pender

Yep, I had it around her for sure.  The wife kept asking what was wrong.  I was so disturbed, more than normal, she was having a tizzie about my behavior.    I was even sending Jeff personal e-mails trying to determine when things would get straightened out.  He was kind enough to keep me informed, twice. :)
Frank Pender

WV_hillbilly

I tried a few other sites but there is no place like home . I would agree about the emailing other FF members . It was like one junkie asking where he could get a fix  and real quick too .   

I have one question .  Is it an addiction when the FF is used as your home page ?  Just thought I would see if anyone else has it this bad  .
Hillbilly

DanG

I beg to differ! There are other places to go and get your fix.  For example, I went over to woo....well, that other place over the fence, and managed to kill almost 30 minutes reading the last month's worth of chatter.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawman

Hello my name is Larry and I "Have A Habit."
I am addicted to the FF. I spend more time readin and learnin than I do
a postin. I am thankful that we got to saw saturday, and that Sunday we had a  lot goin on at the church, so didn't have much down time over the weekend.
One question tho, Other forums??????  D ;D :D :D
As Dorothy said on the Wizard of Oz "There's no place like home"
This is home for me.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

BW_Williams

I thought I was grumpy when on night shift, but man oh man, no FF for  a day or two and I was down right owlly!  Must be a sign.  DanG, I look over the fence onct and awhile, but it aint home.  Good work, Jeff.    
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Tom

Funny thing

Most of the posts you see on "other" forums is just guys from here roaming around. :D :D

chet

Just 'cause I'm here lots don't mean I'm addicted.   ???  Or does it?  :-\

Den dars da boss, he ain't got enough DanG sense to go to bed sometimes.  ;D  :D  :D  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WH_Conley

Buzz, didn't we have a thread on countin a whilr back?

I know I'm not a addict, I don't check in over 2 or 3, well maybe 4 times a day. OK, 5 or 6 on special occasions. That's not too much, is it?
Bill

Jeff

this week I think addicted come out sounding like afflicted.

edsaws

pigman

I am not addicted. I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to quit. ;D
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Corley5

I had to take some time off from the FF and get something done outside. ::) ;)  Was spending too many daylight hours on the net ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jtmccallum

I don't need FF, I want FF.  I did actualy get out in the woods and cut up some fire wood while FF was down :D :D
   John
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

leweee

my name is leweee and i'm a FFaholic ;D
remember nowONE DAY AT A TIME :D :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Woodcarver

No doubt about it, the FF is definitely habit-forming. It's a DanG good habit, though. :) :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Cedarman

You know you're addicted when the home page is FF.  Well, its just easier that way.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

jflytle

You know you're addicted when you only log in once a day, first thing in the morning !!!  :D
Don't ask me too many questions. I'm just soaking up the brilliance.

Buzz-sawyer

I know what ya mean DANG........
I read other forums.......AFTER I have caught up on ALL the posts made from that day on FF....My home page is the last 20 posts!!

Now about readin those other forums....I dont have to do it too often cause I can read a months worth in 1/2 hour.....theyre just not that lively or active...you guys are a good group of folks with "Character" :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Grawulf

Buzz Sawyer and Cedarman - I thought I was the only one with my home page set here..............phew, I don't feel so bad now. Jeff even admitted that he didn't have that problem. :D

Curlywoods

If you ask my wife and daughter they would say that I am definitely addicted :D  I don't post all that much I guess, but I read the forums about 10-15 times during the day as time allows. 
  Looking back on the trials of the past weekend and getting this GEEK to get eveything straightened out, there was a time when I threatened the computer monitor within an inch of its life a couple of times.  Maybe just obsessed and not addicted.  Yea thats what I am. :D :D :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

MULE_MAN

I guess for me, what's addicted, is learning different things, Just like Kevin Post
on his Mill was idling rough in cold weather, I was having the same problem & I
was really wondering what was going on .   ??? And then I read what was causing it .
There's just so many topic's and always something going on. And I find it all
real interesting. Plus there's always  good people on here & nobody slams
people for asking something that they might thing is a stupid question, They
just go ahead and help them That's kind of nice to have a good group of people
like that !!   :)  So Thanks Jeff for making this the Best Forum !!!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Engineer

not necessarily addicted, i check in once in the am and once in the pm, unless i have to be out of the house early (then it's only pm).   i find that i miss all the fun if i don't check in at least once a day.

i also don't post as much as i could, becuase i'm not one for the "me too" kind of post.  i came here once upon a time (at Captain's invite, IIRC), and stayed to learn new stuff.  consider me the senior member least likely to learn something new from.   ;D

pifan

I havent been here long . and I  like to read things on here I probably wont post much I believe in the saying people may think your stupid and the only way to prove it is to open your mouth and say something to prove them right

keep up the good work and us stupid people  :D will get more comfterable and wee will have 22 posts before you know it

MemphisLogger

psst, psst . . .

Hey, buddy, could you spare a few bytes so I can get me a thread? 

:)
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

pappy

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Roxie

I don't have a problem.  I could walk away anytime.  Sure I could, if I wanted to....
Yeah, I could quit....but I'd have to really want to, and it's only a few hours a day....I don't have kids at home anymore, so why not? 
Nope, not me....no problem here.....
Say when

fstedy

:D :D :D My fingers just keep  :o  Shakin  :o when I don't letum near the keyboard. Maybe they git da  :) :) "DT'S  :) :)
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

dutchman

I I I I I I could live without FF if I didn't have a computer,electricity,food (grits),water,shelter,or owned a sawmill.
Well maybe not.

Kevin_H.

There is so much going on here that if ya dont check in atleast once a day you get behind...

Not that there is anything wrong with getting a little behind.  :D

My name is kevin and I'm a FF holic.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Cedarman

After being away for a few days, I wake up at night in a cold sweat thinking I'm on the forum making a post and then finding out that I'm three days late and if only I had kept up I would not have everyone thinking doesn't he know that is old news.

If I wasn't on the forum I'd just be doing something else. So why not be on FF so that I don't have to do something else.

Ed_K

As I tell everyone who sees my FF Hat, I could spend 5hrs a day here, if'n I didn't have'ta work.
5 hrs is all my internet time allotment, that moma will pay for  :D.
Ed K

Buzz-sawyer

I would LOVE to se one of the 900 members with 0 posts post on this thread...........Come on once ya try one youll never go back!!!!! :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

oldsaw

Didn't bother me at all when the site was down.  You didn't catch me trying to log on multiple times until I figured it out....did you?

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

palmerstreeservice

I am new to the forum...however my wife thinks I spend to much time in here,  she is in the background right now trying to get me to get away from the computer and go to bed.

Tom_Averwater

Nope not me! I'm not addicted or afflicted with the FF. I'm ate up with it! I usually stay logged in all the time so when I get up in the middle of the night I can check in to relieve my withdrawl shakes.  I do more reading on here  than posting . Sometimes I learn more by listening than talking. And sometimes I can't talk because I have my foot in my mouth all the way up to my knee , thats what  my wife says . :D  Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Fla._Deadheader

Even from Costa Rica, I can't stay away from the FF. Sure was confused when I could not logon a few days ago. Thought I lost my citizenship papers to the FF ::) ::) :-* :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Swede

QuoteYou know you're addicted when the home page is FF.
:o I didn´t know...........

My desk is full of papers, the tax man is asking for my money, need to clean up my house, the workshop and outside. I have to submit an offer before 14:00, have problems with the bank...........
Want to put a new scale, some electric buttons and circutbreakers on my sawmill, go out and make some sawdust.....................but I´m here.  :D A FFholic? Me?   ::)

There´s always a difference between what I want to do and what I need to do. Being here I think is the best of  compromises. At least for half an hour.  8)

Swede.

PS. Is there a difference between 1/2 an hour or 2 hours? ;D

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Cedarman

You have to get by 1/2 hour to get to 2 hours. And there's something about reciprocal also.  So I'd say there pretty close.

Paschale

Hmm...I think maybe a sign of addiction is that in an email to a friend, I was going to talk about "that dang" something, and almost began typing "DanG!"  Now THAT'S a sure fire sign that I'm a bit of an addict!   :D

DanG

:D :D :D :D

Y'all just can't imagine how much fun I get out of being your cussword. ;D :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

I can say that stump jumper and I are both having withdrawals at the moment.  Where we are at it would be very difficult to hookup the computer plus there is no room really in the camper for a desktop computer.  He asked last night about a laptop and then figured that one of those would be no good becuase you can't burn dvd/cd with them I don't' think.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks you will see us back up and on here more.

Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Furby

Sure you can burn DVDs with a laptop, either internal or external drives are available.

Where ya at anyways???

Egon

Well goodness me - I would like to post more frequently but limited knowledge mostly relegates my posting to questions and even most of them exaberate my lack of knowledge.

Egon :-[

Jeff

OneWithWood

I wouldn't call it an addiction any more than I would call breathing an addiction :o

Sometimes I get so tied up doing stuff that I can't log on to see what's going on here, but that isn't often.  When I am not logged on my mind often wanders to conversations I have had with other members, both here on the forum and in person.  I am not addicted in anyway to this forum but I must confess I seriously enjoy the interaction with the folks I have met through the forum - and I am a major solitary kind a guy :-\

As for other forums - who has the time?

I could walk away anytime but I doubt I will .. . and I could win the lottery ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Ernie

Is there an FF's anonymous, I'm only new here but I seem to be living at the computer, even spilled my wine on the keyboard yesterday. Oh well it mixes real well with the cig ashes.  Oh for a connection faster than 33.6K
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Kirk_Allen

Buzz, maybe I missed it in someones post and if so disregard, but I think I know how to define FFaholic.

I thought long and hard about this ever since you posted this topic and what I found is that I may need to be admitted into a clinic.

You see, just logging on and reading stuff ALL the time doesnt mean its a REAL addiction. 

A real addiction is defined by your ability to manage MULTIPLE windows of the FF at one time.  Yesterday I found myself with 8 different pages open.  You see, by opening multiple pages I can switch to the next one without having to wait for it to upload.  The key is knowing where you want the existing page to go next.  Once you tell it where to go, you simply click another open window to veiw what is already loaded and ready from before.

Works great and I bet it saves me at least 1-2 minutes of wait time each visit. ;D

Curlywoods

OK Kirk, step away from the keyboard  :D :D :D :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Paschale

Or, perhaps Kirk, it's those of us who decided that even the trick of opening multiple windows wasn't good enough...and so we had to switch from dial-up to broadband!   ::)  Usually, addictions get you in the pocketbook too...and my $40 a month certainly feeds my FF addiction.   ::)  It's us broadbanders who've really stepped into the abyss!  Is it time for an intervention?

Buzz-sawyer

Aw Kirk , I have good news!!!
All you demonstrated is high evolved and efficient SERFING HABITS!
So feel free to keep as many windows open as you like (I pull the same trick but be sure I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM)
I more deeply concerned for those who under post...it doesnt seem healthy to have under 500 post.......do you think ???
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Kevin_H.

I guess having less than 500 posts may kinda be like being Malnourished, doesnt that happen when you dont get your recommened daily allowance.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

FeltzE

Ok it's my home page, and I check it alot...

But I am not dependent... ::)

neslrite

I'm a FF aholic too, because of NCLB, we teachers no longer have time to do anything, So I have been sneaking peeks over Kevin's shoulder and badgering him to tell me what is going on!

I am all excited to see that there is only 179 days to the pig roast!

TamIam
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Furby

Sorry so long to get back to your reply on the last page.  But I am just now able to get back to the computer. 

Withdrawals are getting bad I am even printing pages of the forum and taking them back to stump jumper to read.   ;DNow I wouldn't think that this is to bad of of of of aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn  addiction is it? ??? ???

I will have to check out the laptops I didn't realize that they had come that far.

We are in the middle of my in-laws 36+ acres. 
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

UNCLEBUCK

I been so busy I didnt know the forum was down . Between here and ebay I look forward to sitting down with achey bones and reading everyones stuff at night. I use to go shoot pool alot in town at night but when I got a computer a few years ago I met my fiance from michigan online and learned how to saw logs from michigan online so yep I am hooked !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

UNCLEBUCK

I do notice that when I click on a topic or click on anything here that it comes up real fast , before this new upgrade I had to wait awhile like something in my computer was draggin it down but now I am just flyin through the threads .
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

DextorDee

Jus once a day all day, It falls under other related dutys in my job title.. :D I don't login on the weekends. well maybe sometimes ;D  HUh, what, howd did FF git to be my homepage ??? ::) I been hijacked 8)
Now u tell me I is malnushird. ( 2 little trees) ??? Whars dem grits i need some posting energy :)
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Thank You Sponsors!