iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF aholics stand up, be counted!!

Started by Buzz-sawyer, January 31, 2005, 06:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

My favorite new feature is the ability to scrounge up facts on the members section ...I have noticed a few here post a LOT  (75 members 400-10000 posts)
and a LOT post a little (!1500)) members 0-10 posts)
Intersting to see the level of addiction and those who take a more slow and metered approach to posting 900 have 0 posts

App 1500 of our members have posted 0-10 times

three hundred members...10-50 posts.
(MORE THAN A LITTLE INTERESTED)

two hundred and fifty members...50-200 posts.
(Designation "GOT A HABIT)

two hundred twenty five ....200 -10000 posts
(Designation "THE FIRST STEP IS ADMITING YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION"))

SOOOO how does your posting habit compare?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Ianab

I can give up any time I want to... Honest.  ;)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

tnlogger

mmmmm let me think on that  ;D if i had joined 6mnths ago when i started lurking in here ::) but i didn't IMO was to busy reading all them back posts.
this place is like going back to the old homestead (gives ya that real warm feeling deep inside every time you return)
yup i'm addicted  :) gene
gene

Paschale

Well...if you went through withdrawal when the FF was down recently, and went to other forums as a poor substitute to hopefully get your fix, but to no avail, and if you were sorta grumpy this past weekend, and you know far too much about people's take on grits....well...would that mean you're addicted?   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

sprucebunny

I admit it ;D

But no other spot on the web helps at all....
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Kirk_Allen

Addicted?  Lets see?

When I thought it was back up and running and then got stopped by that silly pop-up login screen I had minor shakes.  At first I thought it was something silly that I would figure out with no problem.  NOT

My next action was to email LOTS of folks to see if they had the same problem.  Turns out I got the same question sent to me about the same time from LOTS of folks.  

Then seeing Jeffs message about the GEEK who screwed up the pointer thingy jobbber I went into a state of depression and withdrawl.  

So, Yes I am addicted and I KNOW a few folks who emailed me that are as well so dont try to hide it.  Recognizing the addiction is the first step towards recovery ;D

WAIT A MINUTE:  I dont want to recover ;D  I function just fine the way I am. ;D

Pete J

jerry-m

Well I guess I be one of those labled as just a little interested, but that ain't True at all,...  Heck I check in almost every day and most days 2,3 & more times each day... Keeping up with all you guys is almost a full time job :D :D :D  

Yea I know I don't post much, maybe thats because I don't know much ??? Well what ever, I really do appreciate every last one of you guys and girls on here... Guess I will try to post more often in the future...  Well maybe, Hate to post just for numbers :-\

Jerry
Jerry

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Teri

I'm on here every day reading.  :P :P

Sure am glad its back. It was soooo boring and am especially glad that dad (deadheader) wasn't here. He would have been climbing the walls and drivin me nuts!  :D  :D

J_T

Jim Holloway

Jeff

Quote from: J_T on January 31, 2005, 07:52:41 PM
Nooo Nottt Meeee :D :D

Don't believe a word of it. I was on da phone with J_T today and he had the FF DDT's real real bad.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buzz-sawyer

Jerry=m
You miss read me..it said...........(MORE THAN A LITTLE INTERESTED)
That means you HAVE shown STRONG tendencies of FF aholism :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Frickman

I can't really say I'm an addict, I can go a few days or a week without the FF. But anytime I'm by a computer, this is the first place I come. Maybe that's the first sign of addiction, and I just don't realize I'm hooked.  :)
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Furby

Who me ???
Nope, not at all!!!!  ;D ;)

Frank_Pender

Yep, I had it around her for sure.  The wife kept asking what was wrong.  I was so disturbed, more than normal, she was having a tizzie about my behavior.    I was even sending Jeff personal e-mails trying to determine when things would get straightened out.  He was kind enough to keep me informed, twice. :)
Frank Pender

WV_hillbilly

I tried a few other sites but there is no place like home . I would agree about the emailing other FF members . It was like one junkie asking where he could get a fix  and real quick too .   

I have one question .  Is it an addiction when the FF is used as your home page ?  Just thought I would see if anyone else has it this bad  .
Hillbilly

DanG

I beg to differ! There are other places to go and get your fix.  For example, I went over to woo....well, that other place over the fence, and managed to kill almost 30 minutes reading the last month's worth of chatter.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawman

Hello my name is Larry and I "Have A Habit."
I am addicted to the FF. I spend more time readin and learnin than I do
a postin. I am thankful that we got to saw saturday, and that Sunday we had a  lot goin on at the church, so didn't have much down time over the weekend.
One question tho, Other forums??????  D ;D :D :D
As Dorothy said on the Wizard of Oz "There's no place like home"
This is home for me.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

BW_Williams

I thought I was grumpy when on night shift, but man oh man, no FF for  a day or two and I was down right owlly!  Must be a sign.  DanG, I look over the fence onct and awhile, but it aint home.  Good work, Jeff.    
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Tom

Funny thing

Most of the posts you see on "other" forums is just guys from here roaming around. :D :D

chet

Just 'cause I'm here lots don't mean I'm addicted.   ???  Or does it?  :-\

Den dars da boss, he ain't got enough DanG sense to go to bed sometimes.  ;D  :D  :D  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WH_Conley

Buzz, didn't we have a thread on countin a whilr back?

I know I'm not a addict, I don't check in over 2 or 3, well maybe 4 times a day. OK, 5 or 6 on special occasions. That's not too much, is it?
Bill

Jeff

this week I think addicted come out sounding like afflicted.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

edsaws

Thank You Sponsors!