iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cooks sharpener

Started by trumpets3u, February 11, 2010, 07:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trumpets3u

I have been looking around for a sharpener for a while. I need some insight on them. I see that the Cooks sharpener has many cams for different saw blades brands. I hope to get set up to sharpen blades for myself and for other, will I have to have all these cams?
                              Thanks Brian

bandmiller2

No Brian,I use  a Simonds 3/4" for everything it gives a good deep gullet and is very close to Mizers 7/8 gullet.You can get by with just a couple of cams.You can do different pitch tooth spacing as the machine indexes on the tooth face your going to grind. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ely

you will need each cam if you intend to match the different band profiles that you intend to sharpen. but if you intend to change them all to the same cam just be sure and get a couple extra grind rocks.

ladylake

I just have a 3/4 and 7/8 cam that came with my sharpener. With a little tinkering on the hieght control rod I can make it follow must profiles real close.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

trumpets3u

Thanks for the info, it's been a big help.
                     Brian

Banjo picker

If you are just doing your own....do what you want as to band profile...but if you are going to sharpen for others , at least tell them that you will be changing their band profile...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

bandmiller2

Brian, your biggest problem is going to be setting the bands one tooth at a time dosen't cut it if your doing many bands.If your going to sharpen for outhers do a couple of their bands for free and have them try them if they like it fine, if their extremly fussy their not worth the effort theirs not enough money in sharpening to put up with crap tell them to use resharp.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bushhog920

I just got a cooks sharpener 2 months ago and it comes with 2 cams of your choice, and if you buy 20 super sharp blades from them they will throw in the super sharp cam. they have droped the price to $1800, and buy 20 super sharp blades you can get 3 cams with out having to buy them.

Thank You Sponsors!