iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

birthday present new clamps

Started by jueston, March 24, 2015, 03:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jueston

the wife got me a birthday present.

4 parallel clamps

i have quite a selection of bar clamps and pipe clamps, and i think these will really help keeping things lined up. i haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they seem very well built, they sure are heavy.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

jueston

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on March 24, 2015, 03:30:58 PM
You gave these to her?  ::)

:D :D i just changed it, thanks for catching that...

but since her birthday is coming soon too, that would be an opportunity for me to get 4 more and then if she doesn't use them i can.   :)

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: jueston on March 24, 2015, 03:40:35 PM
Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on March 24, 2015, 03:30:58 PM
You gave these to her?  ::)

:D :D i just changed it, thanks for catching that...

but since her birthday is coming soon too, that would be an opportunity for me to get 4 more and then if she doesn't use them i can.   :)
Good.  Was thinking you might need help on a different board.  I think my dad got my mother a belt sander or something just as bad once.   :D :D :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Bruno of NH

Nice put them to work !!!
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I hope you clamped your arms around her and gave her some sugar.
Thats a very nice present!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Lawg Dawg

I heard those things were pretty handy for woodworking..
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

hackberry jake

I just went and bought $80 worth of harbor clamps last week. Hard to beat their prices and they seem like fairly well made clamps.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Once you use the parallel clamps, you will not go back to the pipe clamps.  The ones that I have (bessey) clamp square, and that is really nice when you are gluing up a carcass like a chest of drawers, etc. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

They are on my "want" list for sure. I hear nothing but good things about parallel clamps.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Dan_Shade

I found a bunch of jorgensen pparallel clamps at a surplus store once, I bought 10 of them.  I also have a bunch of jet parallel clamps. 

I like using the parallel clamps.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jemclimber

I see those are the newer Jorgensen's. My older ones have a wooden handle, and I think the newer type is easier to grip.  I have Jet and Jorgensen parallel clamps and like them very much. 

Here's is a tip in for those of you that don't know. Home Depot price matches competitor plus 10% more.   Menards online regularly has these on sale so I take the advertised price on my phone, show it at Home Depot and get sale plus an additional 10%.  I like the Jet parallel clamps a little better, but I have a bunch of the Jorgensen's because the price can't be beat and they are still very nice.
lt15

Thank You Sponsors!