iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Bosch Saw with Blade Stop Capabilities

Started by submarinesailor, April 02, 2015, 08:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Don't know if any of you have seen this or not.  I like it.

Bruce

http://youtu.be/nbDf2dpQVIY

WDH

I like Bosch tools.  It would be interesting to see a side by side test with a Sawstop.  The new Bosch flesh sensing technology does not destroy the blade when the saw detects flesh like the Sawstop does. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mmartone

Interesting stuff but I'd rather none of my flesh gets detected by a saw!!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

lowpolyjoe

Thanks for sharing.

If I buy a new tablesaw it is very likely to be a Sawstop.  I was not aware of any other companies making flesh detecting saws.  I just assumed the entire concept was patented by Sawstop, regardless of method.

Hope Bosch puts this technology in other (non-job-site) saws and the competition drives down the Sawstop prices a bit. 

jueston

i heard a rumor there was some interest in requiring table saws have this technology in the future. that sounds like it would drive up the cost of table saws especially the lower end or mobile models.

competing companies with competing technology is always good for the consumer.

i don't have time to dig into it right now, but do they state what you have to do to get it cutting again after you set it off? how much are the parts?

the sawstop is not cheap, a new cartage and blade cost me around $150 when i set mine off. this is still nothing compared to the value of my fingers, but i set mine off with a piece of metal, not my finger....

i spent a lot more than i wanted to on my sawstop table saw, but i wouldn't even consider buying a table saw without the feature. to me, knowing that the technology is out there, its like buying a car without abs and seat belts...

submarinesailor

Quote from: jueston on April 06, 2015, 12:21:17 PM
i don't have time to dig into it right now, but do they state what you have to do to get it cutting again after you set it off? how much are the parts?

I believe they stated that the modiles are scheduled to cost around $58.  And one of the main things I like about this system is that the blade is NOT damaged, just pushed down away from the finger(s).  One more thing, each module is good for 2 firings.

Bruce

Don_Papenburg

The guy that invented the saw stop wanted every MFGR to use his paten .  Non of them wanted to pay his price .  He even mentioned that it should be mandated by the gov.   So that turned me off right there .  Then he started his own company . 
Now we have a system on the market that makes more sense than something that wrecks the blade .  Pay attention work safe .  Two uncles and my grandfather were carpenters / wood workers , all had a full count of fingers when they retired from life.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

fishpharmer

Bruce, thanks for sharing this info, first I heard about it.  I did a search and found the Bosch Reaxx table saw has an MSRP of $1499.   Not cheap but,  saves fingers and blades 8).

http://www.coptool.com/bosch-jobsite-table-saw-reaxx-gts1041a-with-active-response-technology/
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

jueston

Quote from: fishpharmer on April 08, 2015, 05:55:34 AM
Bruce, thanks for sharing this info, first I heard about it.  I did a search and found the Bosch Reaxx table saw has an MSRP of $1499.   Not cheap but,  saves fingers and blades 8).

http://www.coptool.com/bosch-jobsite-table-saw-reaxx-gts1041a-with-active-response-technology/

compared to the sawstop jobsite saw for $1399, it would only take setting it off one time to justify the higher price of the bosch model.

Thank You Sponsors!