iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mud....mud... and.....more mud....

Started by RunningRoot, March 12, 2015, 05:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunningRoot

Anyone else shop bound this week ?
It is absolutely beautiful weather but the ground hasn't Begain to dry up yet..
I'm getting stir crazy... done just about all I can do in the shop on projects, or as much as my "projects budget" will allow me anyway lol
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

E fan

more like house bound ...wife and I started walking back after the first of the year , I looked tuesday and it had been 22 days since we were able to last walk and yesterday we got to walk today ....well its raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock so no walking again  >:(

CCC4

I have been working...but I have been belittled down to cutting brush out of hayfields...I'm gonna call it pasture reclamation. If ya wanna know how to get a 6 pack on your mid to lower back...grab a 461 and cut 4 to 8 ft cedar bushes, locus bushes and persimmon for 8 hours a day for 5 days...you will not only understand...but feel it  ::)

Corley5

We got mud  8) 8)  I like it  ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

snowstorm

we had a little mud for a couple days. tonites low temp 0  with snow for the weekend

treetech

wow! I wish we had mud. we've had 436.5 cm of snow with 30 cm more forecast for Sunday. That's 14.3 feet plus whatever comes on Sunday. I think we're a long piece away from mud.

coxy

Quote from: Corley5 on March 12, 2015, 07:36:07 PM
We got mud  8) 8)  I like it  ;D ;D
x2  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

RunningRoot

has anyone ever had any equipment sandblasting done to any of your equipment? I've got an older but really nice 12 ton gooseneck I'm fixing to redo.  lights, brakes, axle seals, bearings if needed, tires, new bed and paint. I would love to have it sand blasted first but I have no idea how much it would cost ?
Any idea ? We talking a few hundred or a couple thousand ?
Its just your average tandem dually gooseneck, 20' deck.

CCC4

Rent a sand blaster and do it yourself...you will never pay anyone to do it for you again once you see just how bad those guys are ripping you off

jmouton

we got  all sorts of mud ,,  dirty mud  ,  stoney mud , wet mud ,  oh and horse manure mud,,  it so much fun around our sawmill right now   ,, willing to give some away if ya want some,,, let me know

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WV Sawmiller

Plenty of mud here although had some sunshine today. Used my mill about an hours squaring/splitting locust poles for a lumber shed then had to quit when 4 wheeler starter/switch quit on me and I could not move more logs to the mill. Cleaned about half a shed that flooded last week when storm drain overflowed and water bypassed into my barn. May finish tomorrow.

More rain coming but in about a week should be better. May go on a salvage run on the lake and I'll see what high water left. Need some cross ties to stack lumber on. Usually see plenty there. Got enough treated lumber couple years ago to build a 6X6 shooting house. My son is still using gas he got from 2-80 lb and one 40lb bottles. Got boat paddles and ice chests, fuel jugs, etc. Always interesting to see what is there.

Take care and keep in touch. This too shall pass.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Loghauler86

Oh yes lots of mud, still over a foot of snow in the woods though. I always rent a commercial sandblaster and compressor and do it myself. Usually pretty reasonable to rent one for a day or two.

Straightgrain

Anyone else shop bound this week ?

I did perform some PM on my equipment today; not because of mud but because the deer were bedded-down everywhere I wanted to work in the woodlot (level ground is priceless here!).

The does are quite lethargic this time of year; carrying their offspring, so I yield to them when I can.

I managed to find an area where some filberts and Hawthorns were choking-out 3 small White Oaks this afternoon....all cleaned out and I seen the deer (clean up crew) moving that way 20 minutes after I left. 

Gonna be sun and high 60's here tomorrow; perhaps I will have the right of way. ::)
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

sawguy21

DanG some of you are hard to please. First you are yipping about snow now mud.  :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

hacknchop

Not much for mud here, but wont be long till frost starts to come out then it gets bad.
Often wrong never indoubt

so il logger

All mud here as well, just falling tree's no skidding them out. Have a hard enough time getting a 4wd 4 wheeler from the road to the timber because of the soft ground. It will firm back up... eventually. When it does there will be some busy skidder's :D

beenthere

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 12, 2015, 09:19:39 PM
More rain coming but in about a week should be better. May go on a salvage run on the lake and I'll see what high water left. Need some cross ties to stack lumber on. Usually see plenty there. Got enough treated lumber couple years ago to build a 6X6 shooting house. My son is still using gas he got from 2-80 lb and one 40lb bottles. Got boat paddles and ice chests, fuel jugs, etc. Always interesting to see what is there.

Take care and keep in touch. This too shall pass.

Is it "finders keepers" with anything in the lake from flooding? Seems it would be the owners property, but maybe in WVa it is different rules to go by.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

timberking

We are finishing up 3 weeks of down time and the forecast for first of next week isn't promising.  I don't want to hear about drought in Texas.

Autocar

It is muddy here also with a steady rain not planning on doing much till the crops start getting planted.
Bill

RunningRoot

I didn't mind the snow this winter at all, didn't bother me much and kind actually liked it but we only had as much as 12 to 13 inches at one time. I know some of you guys north we're dealing with a lot.

the mud around here is unreal right now will sink is skidder if you don't watch what you're doing. been raining for 8 hours so far today and not supposed to stop until mid night.

temperature is great though, I absolutely can't wait until the ground firms up a bit.

luvmexfood

We have nothing but mud here. Water just standing on the ground. Had a few big blocks of firewood out under a tarp so in between rains thought I would drag them out and bust to put in shed. Hit the first one and got rewarded with a face full of muddy water from where it was sitting on wet ground.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

MReinemann

I hate this time of the year.   Always try to go out and do some work and end up making a bigger mess that I gotta fix when it dries out.

sawyerf250

Not much mud here yet... Snowing like crazy right now?! Another 8-12 inches for today and into the night l guess?? But l cannot wait for mud season this year.. Going crazy not being able to get into the woods all winter.
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

Loesshillslogging

Going to be 85 degrees here today, windy as hell, but it's drying finally. Been wet in the timber and I used a track loader to skid this weekend and got some logs out. It worked great!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!