iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grapple Trailer

Started by Singlemalt, November 24, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splinter

So do you have to drive up to every stick or is the wood winched to a trail?

I am interested in a trailer but seems like it would be a bit of a cluster to drive up to each stick, especially on rocky ground.

Thanks.

woodmills1

like i said my metavic was way less

it does however have an hydraulic head board winch

I regularlarly (sp) cut and winch, then load 16 foot oak on to my 10 foot trailer from 75 feet away.  easy easy easy and you should see what a firewood dream machine it is

750 to 1k is the tops I bring out in one load no mess no fuss

my tractor this new one is set up skidder like from payeur, skid plates and little forestry blade, but still a 3 point tracto for mowing and whatever

nice nice multi purpose set up
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Ed_K

I'd like to add to Northwoods 1s comments.Some landowners,when you say your useing a tractor and winch/trailer are more apt to say "ok, you have the job".
Thats why I run both types of op's.I'm also 3yrs up.  8)
Ed K

bill m

Quote from: Splinter on December 03, 2010, 04:29:29 AM
So do you have to drive up to every stick or is the wood winched to a trail?

I am interested in a trailer but seems like it would be a bit of a cluster to drive up to each stick, especially on rocky ground.

Thanks.

It really depends on the job. Parts of the job I am on now are real steep and or rocky. In those areas I will cut and bunch with my grapple or winch for 3 or 4 days then haul everything out with the trailer.

NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

treefarmer87

bill m you have a very good setup :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

woodsy

Bill M does have a nice set up.  Check out his photo gallery if you haven't already.  He has some great pictures.
LT40HDG38, Logrite T36 log arch, 42 hp Kubota, 6 foot cross cut saw, lots of axes and not enough time

Thank You Sponsors!