iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trying out different sawmills

Started by boatman, November 09, 2009, 06:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

My Turner is the bottom of the line ground model manual and it is 29 inches in the throat, but realistically it can only take 26 if you keep the guides on.

I do believe there is a model that does have 36" clearance.  I bet if you start a new post asking for everyone with a Turner to chime in you will get some better information. 
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

aksawyer

Have been around many sawmills,both operating and servicing.Swingblades,Bandmills of all kinds from high production double cut,to my simple little LT15.Mobile Demention  and tons of scraggs,circler and band.The thing I dont like is that swings are like mobile dementions,they cannot mach timber sizes exactly.We mill alot of exposed beams and three sided house logs.What keeps our business going is people compare us directly to our compation.Our timber match exactly.Aksawyer.....24 below today in Fairbanks

woodsteach

Welcome Aksaywer,

Now I must need enlightened on your statement that "swingers and md's can't match timber sizes exactly."

If i want 20 4x6's I cut 20 4x6's and they are all the same. I have a Brand X Swingmill.  I must not understand your statement.

woodsteach

24 below DanG what happened to global warming ;D ;D
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Thank You Sponsors!