goose63

Can I use wood to heat the kiln with.

The boss says the power bill to high the way it is  :o
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Southside

How will you get the heat into the kiln chamber? Hot water? If so I would say you can make a safe and accurate system. Just blowing in hot air would not be as consistent or produce as good of a finished product.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

goose63

Southside 

I'm not sure I would get the heat in I'm hopeing some one has done it and can send me in the right direction
goose

xlogger

I build my kiln (Nyle) about 10 ft away from my Central Boiler OWB and heat it that way. It cost about $1000 extra on heat exchanger, insulated pipe, valves and extra pump but gets it up to 150° on a warm day pretty easy. Stan at Nyle walked me threw changing a couple wires on my unit. I try not to run threw the heat cycle to 150 on real cold days because I heat my house with it also and too lazy to go out early in the morning to add wood. I've not used the electric heat with it at all. 
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

K-Guy

Hi Goose
What have you got for a kiln?
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

goose63

K-GUY I don't have one yet I would like to build one this spring 
goose

K-Guy

Goose
If you go dehumidification for your kiln you can use a wood-fired hot water boiler for heat but not forced air.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

goose63

K-Guy

Thats what I was thinking forcedair but now I know better

There was a old school tore down and I can get some of the old heating parts 

I have a huge pile of slabs I can use to heat with now Ineed to find some plans to build with 
goose

Thank You Sponsors!