iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wide AWAKE

Started by Magicman, December 27, 2013, 02:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Some kinda chest congestion started to creep up on me yesterday.  I knew better, but I swigged on a bottle of Tussin CF. 

Any meds with decongestant will keep me awake big time.  OK, maybe I did sleep when I didn't know it, but I do know that I felt so awake that I could see the "backs of my eyeballs".  That plus the 1½ hour bladder calls.   I am one miserable puppy today, and I was planning to close the books for the year 2013 Sawing/Tree Farm.  Gotta do it this afternoon.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Some of those so called cold meds will make me feel worse than the cold and all the feeling bad that goes along with it. Most times I just put the OJ right to me. Half a gallon a day seems to help out. But I do seem to be lucky with colds. My diet is not the best either,but I don't get many colds through out the year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

When I feel a cold coming on (fever, stuffed up, etc.) I start the Chelated Zinc Lozenges.
Sure seems to have worked good for me over the last 10 years. Seems to head off the lung congestion and break the fever within 24 hours.
Once I delayed taking the Zinc and ended up with a real bad cough for over a month. May have just been a fluke, but I'm a believer in Zinc and what it does for my colds.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I made a trip to the "Doc in the Box" this morning and thankfully the "flu swab" was negative.  A couple of hours later I had an inhaler and a couple of bottles of pills.  No antibiotics because she determined/felt/thought, or whatever that it was viral instead of bacterial.  smiley_sick

Hopefully I am on the mend.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ancjr

Zinc lozenges and OJ kept me healthy enough to not miss a day in 3 years of dorm life surrounded by colds and flu.  :)

samandothers

MM get better soon!  When feeling sick rest is good.  Hope you don't have any jobs pushing you.  Maybe you can wrap up 2013 and ease into the 2014 stuff!

goose63

3or 4 hot honey and brandy's be for bed help's me hope you get better soon smiley_sick smiley_thumbsup
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

Cough and Cold meds affect everyone in different ways and to different degrees of severity!

Don't be gettin' sick on us now Lynn!  no_no
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Buck

Quote from: Magicman on December 28, 2013, 03:40:09 PM
I made a trip to the "Doc in the Box" this morning and thankfully the "flu swab" was negative.  A couple of hours later I had an inhaler and a couple of bottles of pills.  No antibiotics because she determined/felt/thought, or whatever that it was viral instead of bacterial.  smiley_sick

Hopefully I am on the mend.   
I did the same today after fighting it for four days. My swab was positive so I have the 65$ medicine pack to work through.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

LeeB

A lot of decongestants have ephedrine as a major ingredient. Ephedrine is what the speed freaks use to make methamphetamines.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

I sweated big time last night and am much better this morning.  I believe that the NP was spot on with her diagnosis/treatment.   smiley_thumbsup

samandothers

Glad you are feeling better!

Buck, hope you feel better soon too.

Thank You Sponsors!