iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Belsaw

Started by Corley5, January 06, 2007, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Here's some pics of an old Belsaw that's been sitting in the same spot in my neighbor's boneyard for close to 15 years. 

Even has a dust blower

With a cyclone

And blade.  Every other tooth has been ground off for low HP operation

It mounted on truck frame and has been lengthened at one time.  Chuck used his LP powered M Farmall to run it and sawed quite a bit of material with it.  It's too bad it's mouldering away like this  :(  I know of a couple people who have tried to buy it and he won't sell it.  I haven't tried  ;)

This is the reason I was in his boneyard today.  I happened to have the camera as I 'd taken some pics of the new tractor.  I gave him 20 bucks for this New Idea spreader.  It has a new apron chain in  it 8)  The plan is to take out the beater and have another firewood hauler.

Here's my retriever for the day.  300 Farmall.  That's the loader that I got last spring that was in the thread about some people not owning welders.  Notice the complete lack of snow.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pasbuild

Oh the memories, my first mill was a belsaw that I welded to a mobile home frame with the old M/M mounted overhead, yep it was portable. :)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Don P

They sure haven't changed much, right down to the every other tooth option  :D. We were talking last weekend about moving the blower from the end to that location.

snowman

Thanks for the pics corley. I have a special interest in bell saws because Bell was my great grandpa. I never knew him but my folks went back east last summer , I can't remember the town or even the state but apparently the old timers there still talk about how some shady lawyer ripped grampa off and that our whole family should be rich, instead of poor like we are. Oh well.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!