couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Maine logger88 on March 02, 2018, 06:42:36 PM
Quote from: mike_belben on March 02, 2018, 12:41:35 PM
Thats what im talkin a boot.
I have had decent luck bolting in boots with carriage bolts on front tires of cable skidders in the past but I doubt it would work very well on a big grapple
I don't want to spend a dime I don't have to 😂 cuts into the harvester fund 👎 I was tempted looking at it to do like you did with your 23.1 tire and hope for the best, the problem is it's 6-700 between the tube and a service call, take chains off, I've got 2 nasty chunks in that tire. I'm good about not poking a tire with the grapple but I think that's what happened either before I bought it or when I had a guy in it. I'm headed near Albany to work, rather bite the bullet now than be down when it drys up. 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on March 02, 2018, 09:59:52 PM
at least your tracks stayed on  :D :D
I threw a track on my 450G 3yrs ago in the woods on a stump, only it went to the inside, way out in nowhere. hooked my 440D to the cab and rolled the dozer on its side, split the gator track and put the track on, last summer I bit the bullet and put a brand new undercarriage on. 👎 I'm sure your good at putting tracks back on too 😂 the 590D we had loved to throw a track, sometimes you could catch it, got real good at doing them alone. 

coxy

when i jump them to the in side or out side off the sprocket i just hook the winch cable to them and put pressure on the cable to get it on a tooth or 2 then go forward or back just like putting a bike chain back on 

coxy

last summer i was in a rock hole building a road and it came off the front idler and didn't see it thought the dozer was stuck on a rock and gave it all the berrys she had and the next thing i seen was the track pads below the idler and the blade frame it bent the track frame  :o the air was mighty blue for a few hours if some one would have been watching they would have felt sorry for the guy i was yelling at but it was only me ::) called my self every name i could think of  :D :D

BargeMonkey

how's that saying go ??? if it's got tracks, tires or (deleted by admin) it's bound to cause you trouble. 😂  I see these guys running rubber track skidsteers in the woods and I just shake my head, takes nothing to throw a track on my NH, same style as a bobcat.

Oliver05262

Ours is bad enough that we had 5" of packy snow on the warm blacktop by the house. I don't know how much there was before it settled. I've decided that the gravel driveway will have to melt itself rather than tear it all up trying to plow the snow off. Supposed to be warmish all week here. The Jeep just jumped all the way up the driveway when we got home tonight. 
  I will probably try to skim off a little when I go out with the plow truck in the morning. I have a couple of driveways to plow, and clear out around the firehouse.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

coxy

nativewolf

How do you like that front mounted blower?  Seems that would be the bee's knees for moving snow, not sure I'd even start the skid steer if I had that.  My tractor is large enough to drive through the small snows we get here in N VA but I always thought it would be fun to have a front mount snow blower on the Case Magnum, just to one up the neighbors.
Liking Walnut

BargeMonkey

yes 24.5x32, I prefer them over a 30.5, big but not wide, I'm able to stay in the same tracks as the buncher. I still get some landowners who have a panic attack thinking that's a "big" skidder😂 

That was originally a rear mount, we converted it over to front mount, plumbed a pump off the PTO and made a hydraulic tank, 1 set of tractor remotes runs the chute, works pretty good, we do quite a few driveways and private roads, can only push snow just so far and then that gets broken out. 

g_man

I went to the Log Yard today to pick up last weeks check. The piles have been  getting bigger and bigger. Took a couple shots of the Sp/Fir Saw Log pile and didn't come close to getting it all in. Mine are in there but I got some help from a few of the local boys too  ;D

gg

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

celliott

I'm gonna make a small contribution to that exact pile pretty soon. We drive through hardwick every day and the TRG yard by the Ford dealer has more softwood than that stacked up. Pretty crazy.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

barbender

The BuffaloKing warming up in the morning, with a load of black spruce pulp I left on it to load a bunk trailer first thing.

Gearbox

Good to see you in the swamp . Better than the job last fall ?
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Quebecnewf

This is what we cut today. Kind of small potatoes to the machine cutting but for us a big day. 

Mild here and snow melting . Need a bit more cold before spring comes .

Quebecnewf

barbender

Quebecnewf, that's a heck of a day hand cutting👍👍

Gearbox, things could only get better after that one!! Let Scott know, not only does our friend have more timber available, he had a neighbor with a 40 that he was willing to be the consulting forester on. Unfortunately we didn't have time to get to those this winter😂

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

enigmaT120

Quebecnewf is that yellow thing a skidding cone?  Where are those logs headed?
Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

quilbilly

Some pics from our new set up. Our buncher contractor bailed so we are hand cutting and getting close to 60 tons a day with 2 guys,not counting pulp. Mixed stand that had been heavily thinned and not replanted. DF, WF, WH, WRC, RED ALDER, BIG LEAF MAPLE. 

a man is strongest on his knees

quilbilly

quilbilly

Quebecnewf

The yellow thing is a skidding cone . Those logs will be rafted home to the mill later this spring .

Snow in our forcast now and high winds . Better than rain I say .

Heading back into the woods again for a couple more days cutting 

Quebecnewf

Skeans1

Quote from: quilbilly on March 07, 2018, 09:04:29 PM
Some pics from our new set up. Our buncher contractor bailed so we are hand cutting and getting close to 60 tons a day with 2 guys,not counting pulp. Mixed stand that had been heavily thinned and not replanted. DF, WF, WH, WRC, RED ALDER, BIG LEAF MAPLE.
Time for a dangle for cutting and processing on the shovel?

Thank You Sponsors!