iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not to sound rude .......

Started by NB sawdust, January 05, 2011, 08:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NB sawdust

Sorry in advance guys , im not trying to come off rude here . But does anyone else find it a pain in the rear reading the forum with the new settings that change the spelling of words like "this" and "that" etc . Really maybe I should not even be bringing this up cause I am new ...... but i kinda miss the old setup ??? maybe I just need enlightened. Take care  ;)

Weekend_Sawyer

NB, You get used to it after a while, wait till you see a video.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

NB sawdust

Oh ..... must have got my meds. mixed up .Ha Ha Well now .......

NB sawdust

Sorry ,didn't realize you were just messin with us ....FRIGGING GREENHORNS ........

Withdrawn I guess ...

SwampDonkey

The boss Yooperized us.

Yooper = UP = Upper Peninsula of Michigan speak ease. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brad_S.

You weren't the first to be......troubled.....and you won't be the last but at least next time you can enjoy the show better!  :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

NB sawdust

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 05, 2011, 09:13:14 PM
The boss Yooperized us.

Yooper = UP = Upper Peninsula of Michigan speak ease. ;D
Quote from: Brad_S. on January 05, 2011, 09:18:52 PM
You weren't the first to be......troubled.....and you won't be the last but at least next time you can enjoy the show better!  :D

Thanks for filling me in guys !!! That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut !!! I'm guessing if he has the power to do that,he may have the power to delete this thread ??? Or maybe he'll leave me to roast with my foot in my mouth ......

SwampDonkey

Everyone sees it and his/her text is affected the same after they post. No one was targeted in particular other than just a little fun called "Yooper night". The boss probably won't be deleting the thread. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brad_S.

Actually, we look to get a rise out of the "neat-o' greenhorns"!  :D You appeased us.  ;)
You're not being picked on and your response was much more polite and refined than many usually are, for that I salute you.
Think of it more as a hazing.  ;D
Welcome to the FF! 8)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

DR Buck

Dang! Dang! Dang!    I missed Yooper night again.  :(
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jasperfield

I realize that with each post, view, etc., here on the forum, that I am a guest and am always subject to the whims of others. Realizing that this may be my last (permitted)  post; I'll say that the distortion of language is uncalled.

I, as do many others, try to write with the highest and best form of English, suitable to the site, that I can. And I resent my posts being comandeered and converted into this perverse and offensive "wannabe" dialect.

No effective prior attempt has been made to translate actual rube-like posts, complete with authentic gross misspellings, grammer, or form, into recognizeable writings, yet this present "yooper" obsession has been made, at least temporarily, mandatory.

Whatever is posted here goes out onto the world wide web and remains, at least somewhere, forever.

This amusement (if that's what it is) is not an error, it is a mistake.

Jasperfield

northwoods1

Yah, well anyway... I thought it was pretty funny that in the post I made where I put the word "hunting" it came up in yooper speak as "poaching" :D

And btw Jasperfield, you might try to write in the highest and best form of english possible, but you do realize that even so, your post could use an editor :D

Jasperfield

Jeff,

I didn't know about yooper night, otherwise I wouldn't have posted at all. Thanks for the email.

And, Northwoods... I'm just glad I'm not living your life.

Dan_Shade

I like yoopernight  :-)  I miss most of them, I was around for this one.

if we can't stop and chuckle at ourselves, then what's the point?  It's all in good fun.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

timberfaller390

The "yooper" dialect is a regional dialect just like anywhere else in the U.S. People from different areas speak differently. My area of georgia sounds different than south georgia  and that is different than mississippi and that is completely different from texas. I really don't see anything to get upset about, but as Brisco Darlin said "everybodies entitled to his opinion"
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

kderby

Jasperfield that is pretty high-toned english you are using.  Will you please yooperize it for me?  As a wannabe commoner I wish to be spoken to in my own preferential dialect.  If you chose not to speak yooper, I may cry discrimination!

Cultural differences are important.  Imagine the world without tacos, Champagne and "french" fries.  (note that I am not advocating Grits :-X and I am mentioning food relatively early in this thread).  What would life be like without bear sausage from the U.P.?

Is there a difference between an error and a mistake?

When in Rome Jasperfield, when in Rome.

Jeff

I always like to point out this well written explanation of Yooper night that Shotgun wrote a while back.

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/tips/tips.cgi?display:1113851729-5474.txt

Yooper night is my fault. It's not meant to be offensive in any manor. I'm the one to blame, but it's my juvenile way of chasing away some of the doldrums that can build up over time. I know many find it annoying, but many more see it for what it is and roll with it and have some fun. It does not happen very often, but it's something that is deeply embedded within the makeup of the Forestry Forum and is part of what makes us who we are. It's all done in fun, but I've found it can also be a tool to enlighten.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

northwoods1

Quote from: Jasperfield on January 05, 2011, 10:40:54 PM
Jeff,

I didn't know about yooper night, otherwise I wouldn't have posted at all. Thanks for the email.

And, Northwoods... I'm just glad I'm not living your life.

??? Jasper I apologize if I offended you it was meant to be a light hearted joke. My point was that no matter how you try to speak whether it be yooperize or perfect english, we ALL need editors. Its a fact that is why they were invented :)

If you had any idea of what my life is like you really wouldn't want to be living it :D Best wishes to you and sincere regards. Tony

D Hagens

:D :D Yooper night is funny. :D :D It catches me off guard, makes me scratch my head till I clue in. :D :D :D It's a nice little funny and a good break while going through the dark winter days. 8) 8) 8)

Jasperfield

Carpenter

I can't believe I missed Yooper night.  Can you do it again?  I sure got a kick out of it last year.  At first I didn't know what was going on either and I read some of my own threads and of course I don't talk or write that way, but I loved it.  It was like the secret hand shake, belonging to the club.  (Don't know if I really count since I am having trouble making this old saw mill run.)  But, I really did enjoy Yooper night.  Keep it up.  Thanks

Ironwood

I saw it, and knew what was happening, didnt know how often it happens, BUT I thought the posts go back to original form afterward?????

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Cedarman

What good is it to have power if you never use it? Jeff's got the power. I am glad I was on last night.  Hilarious :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Buck

Awe, it got me...I pm'd Jeff and asked him if the forum had turned coonass. A lot of it sounded like south Louisiana. But then I looked closer. Good Stuff!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Thank You Sponsors!